Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thinking Ahead

akakrill

Reaction score
G, I'm stripping my 4wd Tacoma I retained the 4.10 rearend 3rd member, but before I have it hauled away do I need the housing and axels or just the 3rd member and gears to work inside the Xrunner rear end in preparation for the T56?

Also the 1GR from the wreck is a 2005 and has a different oil pan and lower portion of engine block, does a 4wd 1GR fit in the Xrunner without modification to the cross member?

Does the T56 and or stock manual transmission accept the fidanzia flywheel and bolt to the 4wd 1GR?

What a can of worms this is to deal with!

Thanks for your help -Bill

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The deep oil pan will fit the XR, but take a big hammer to the cross member, as the lower oil pan will be close.

If you have a fidanza flywheel, it will work. It requires a larger bearing or something like that, than the one for the OEM flywheel. To be the pilot bearing. The only major part difference is the clutch. Needs the hub to match that of the T56, while the disk stays the same.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
G, I'm stripping my 4wd Tacoma I retained the 4.10 rearend 3rd member, but before I have it hauled away do I need the housing and axels or just the 3rd member and gears to work inside the Xrunner rear end in preparation for the T56?

Also the 1GR from the wreck is a 2005 and has a different oil pan and lower portion of engine block, does a 4wd 1GR fit in the Xrunner without modification to the cross member?

Does the T56 and or stock manual transmission accept the fidanzia flywheel and bolt to the 4wd 1GR?

What a can of worms this is to deal with!

Thanks for your help -Bill

Just the third is all you should need :top: no axles or housing. Unless the third has e-locker or anything like that

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I hammered mine down. It fit with out doing it but it was close so I wanted a little more room

Gadget

Reaction score
You will need the entire 3rd member, the large cast iron casting and all the innerreds to run that ratio on the XRunner.

DO NOT RUN THE ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL WITH THE T56 SWAP. Go stock or get our lighter than stock one.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's right. Something about the bearing bearing loose or machining being necessary to fit a bearing in the Fidanza. I was actually in my attic a few days ago, looking at my old single disk setup for the T56. OEM flywheel and Spec Clutch.

I love my T-56. Lol.

Have you though about using saturated brass bushings instead of bearings,for the pilot bearing Gadget? Does you kit ship kit with a bearing, or do you list a part number for people?

akakrill

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I did save the entire 3rd member for future t56 swap. I wanted to make sure I could run the 4wd 1gr with fidanzia and stock manual tranny be it the motor had an automatic mounted to it prior. Seems like I salvaged all I need.

Gadget when sending out a motor to get built by urd is there a cleaning process for corrosion on the exterior of the motor? Im looking to get it cleaned up prior to or during the build. Thanks -bill

Top Bottom