Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock ecu tuning in Dubai!

Redlantern

Reaction score
So I spoke with someone via DM on Instagram who's from Dubai and apparently there's someone that has cracked the Toyota ecu coding. He forwarded me the company's ig account. It is Dubike_dyno. He's done quite a few stock ecu tuning on some tundras, fjs and such. There's even a 2jz single cab 2nd gen on there that sounds bad ass.

https://instagram.com/p/5y8mXbEken/

If he was to share what he's done to someone in the US, this would definitely change the tuning industry for toyotas here in the USA.

Their website is www.dubikeracing.com

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
=:O. :-D Need to get Iniazy's input.

Nashman

Reaction score
could just send him the ecu and I bet he has pre made flashes

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I've seen that single cab 2jz before somewhere. He was doing burnouts and donuts in a parking lot. Sounded so sick too

iniazy

Reaction score
I'm going to Dubai in December, if I find the address I'll pay them a visit. I'd be really interested.

Edit: Got the address, I'd be paying them a visit next month.

Edit2: I'm really suspicious. I don't understand how they're doing it, if the tune file is loaded to a Read-only Memory (ROM), and cannot be reflashed, does that mean they reflash it like what is done at a Toyota dealer? How do they test the file before they reflash it, to make sure it works well? Cuz once it's reflashed, you can't change it. This is why I'm very suspicious.

I've PMed them on Whatsapp, so far no response.

Last edited:

Redlantern

Reaction score
From what the guy I spoke with on IG, he said they(dubike dyno) has their own software that was developed and that's all they told him. I'm assuming it's probably similar to how HPtuners uses the stock ecu to tune and plot their fuel trims and such.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what you find out in person.

iniazy

Reaction score
I got the news. Today I visited Dubike. I was really impressed. It was as advertised.

I met with their tuner, an Iranian smart looking chap, looks like a geek. I had a chat with him and asked him how he'd borken the code. He said "trade secret".

I told him what I know, that the Toyota ECU uses a ROM (Read Only Memory) and cannot be reflashed, he replied with a sneaky smile: "That's what everybody thinks"

They had just finished tuning a TRD Supercharged FJ Cruiser. They said it had a UniChip and made 240 HP at the wheels when it first came in. Once they stripped the Unichip out and tuned the ECU directly, it made 280 HP at the wheels. And they're using a Mustang Dyno. He said it took them about two and a half hours to finish tuning it.

Then I spoke to an Emarati guy, who seems like the owner of the shop, and he told me they cracked the hex code of the ECU and they go deep into it to find the various maps of Fuel, timing, etc.

I asked him how much would they tune my supercharged Fortuner for, they said 3,000 Derhams. That's about US$ 820.

While I was there, they had a 400 HP Nissan Patrol LE (the same as the Infiniti QX80) with a Turbocharger on it, and he was flexing his hex brain in tuning the Nissan ECU.

Here are some pics:
Shown is the Emarati guy, who seems like the owner of the shop:
DSC_0681_zpsicsoih5a.jpg

A selfie:
DSC_0682_zpsyvuh3mur.jpg

Turbocharged Patrol LE with a seemingly massive single Turbo charger:
DSC_0684_zps2heme5vj.jpg

DSC_0685_zpssmsa9k8i.jpg

A bunch of Turbocharged buggies:
DSC_0686_zps7nvyvrts.jpg

DSC_0687_zpsvpqdsmlz.jpg

A Sprintex-supercharged Jeep Wrangler:
DSC_0688_zpsya659raj.jpg

x-runner kid

Reaction score
That's awesome. Those guys really know their stuff when it comes to building power. There's a lot of money there as well. But for $850 I would spend the extra and get the ucon.

Gadget

Reaction score
Toyota ECUs have been reflashable since 2001 or so.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Because most that have tried hacking into the ECU has fried them up.

TRD was the first to hack into with the Scion TC supercharger project. That project went down the tubes when the supercharged car was slower than the stock one. After that Toyota wanted TRD to stop hacking and they started working with them on ECU reflashes.

Apparently there is a former Denso engineer that travels around trying to sell his ability to get into the ECU. There was a company that was doing it with the Tundras and was frying ECUs left and right and they stopped. The only ones currently doing anything is Bully Dog and these guys apparently.

G

iniazy

Reaction score
You can't have the UCON EMS for any car.

I don't think I'll hand them my car, my MAP-ECU3 is doing really well, and I doubt they will be able to give me a tune as good, in just two or three hours dyno time. Especially that they will need to rely on MAF, while I'm now running purely on MAP (MAF elimination mode).

But for others who may lack the tuning skills or have a custom Turbo, I think it is a compelling proposition.

Top Bottom