Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

07' Clutch disc seperate from pressure plate

XBlue

Reaction score
Dont know if anybody has had the same issue, i was going up a hill and dropped down a gear and i lost my clutch. Called yota care and they came out and towwed it to the dealership i used to work at. Long story short..... My pressure plate seperated from the disc!!!! I got all new clutch and compents under warranty. If you got the same issue take it in and save some money!!!!!

Gadget

Reaction score
It is not the pressure plate.

The stock clutch has a problem with the hub ripping free of the outer portion of the clutch.

This is a known issue and there is a TSB for it.

Lucky you got it covered under warranty.

G

Reaction score
What's the TSB number? I have developed the 5th gear grind and corporate is going half on a new transmission for me but trying to make me foot the bill for the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. Found the TSB for the throughout bearing, I would like to point out issues with the clutch too.

BRAD1414

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing with 32000 miles on it. I wish I would have know about the issue. I took it as a opportunity to upgrade to a CC stage two and Urd upgraded tob. Since I am posting this does anybody else that has that tob hear a lot of chatter from it? Or do you think that noise is from the clutch it only does it in nuetral and I can't hear it unless the windows are down or I am outside of the truck.

Reaction score
Mine waited until 65,000 miles. Hence why Toyota is only paying half. I made the mistake of putting AMSOIL in after I first noticing the grind around 10,000 miles. Apparently that was not a fix, but just a band-aid until I got just outside of warranty.

Murderface

Reaction score
I never installed a TSK45 kit on mine and at idle mine hears like rod knock. Now at hard accell the TO bearing really rattles around, sounds like I have loose change laying around rattling.

Reaction score
Well they released the new TO bearing and superseded the original TO bearing part number. I'm looking for the clutch disk shearing TSB number.

Baggins44

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing with 32000 miles on it. I wish I would have know about the issue. I took it as a opportunity to upgrade to a CC stage two and Urd upgraded tob. Since I am posting this does anybody else that has that tob hear a lot of chatter from it? Or do you think that noise is from the clutch it only does it in nuetral and I can't hear it unless the windows are down or I am outside of the truck.

I have the tsb T/O and its a world of difference. But it also sounds like I have some clutch chatter. Don't know if its a stock flywheel issue or not. I have a URD stage 3

butters607

Reaction score
I have the tsb T/O and its a world of difference. But it also sounds like I have some clutch chatter. Don't know if its a stock flywheel issue or not. I have a URD stage 3

Of course a stage 3 chatters get ya a sound system haha

justin13703

Reaction score
I never installed a TSK45 kit on mine and at idle mine hears like rod knock. Now at hard accell the TO bearing really rattles around, sounds like I have loose change laying around rattling.
Thats exactly what mine sounds like too. I actually took the change out of my cupholders to see what it was. I have the TSK but I think I can hear mine so much because I have a solid shifter.

Murderface

Reaction score
Here's a video of how mine sounds, before my warranty ended i took it in to toyota and they said there was jothing wrong with it, in fact they told me it was my trans 2nd gear bearings that were bad but wouldnt fix it cause i had an aftermarket clutch and FW(LOSERs!).Gotta get a TSK45 from Gadget very soon before the TO bearing fawks up the snout that it rides on, as soon as I push the clutch pedal in it goes away......and Toyota said it was fine
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/...8-8119-00415369C51C-2911-000002603EB0DE5A.mp4

XBlue

Reaction score
That's exactly how mine sounded. If you go in there and bitch to them enough about it they will atlease cover half of the bill. (i used to work for toyota so i know how it goes)

Murderface

Reaction score
That's exactly how mine sounded. If you go in there and bitch to them enough about it they will atlease cover half of the bill. (i used to work for toyota so i know how it goes)

Tried that, they said because of all my mods I have to the blower/clutch and so on that they can't cover any part failures even if the mods had nothing to do with the failure which is complete bullshit! I'm a mechanic so ill just do the repairs myself

XBlue

Reaction score
Ya thats bullshit. I got mine covered cause i used to work there i guess. Then again all i had was a couple of bolt on parts.

Top Bottom