'09+ back seat baby car seat friendly?

Discussion in 'Stock Interior' started by ultraxr, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ultraxr

ultraxr New Member

Curious... are the 09+ back seat able to fit and securely fasten a baby car seat?

2. kayo808

kayo808 New Member

I think so. You would have to either leave the back headrest up when the car seat is in or just remove the headrest. There is a write up on it on customtacos i think. Just google how to remove it and you will find it. Also it showed a car seat and how much room it has and what not

3. ultraxr

ultraxr New Member

Thanks! I'll browse over there and see what I stumble across.

4. R0LLM0DL

R0LLM0DL New Member

post it up. im curious

5. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

Hell no I don't think they are baby friendly as stock. To take the back headrests off u have to take the sub off and pull on the back panel to pop it off then remove the bolts and bingo!! Luckily my daughter was old enough for a booster seat cuz the car seat she had was to big for the 09+ seats. When installed it would lean forward off the front of the seat. You might get lucky and get a aeat thats perfect size where no modifications are needed. Now u can make a box to put on the rear floorboard to make up for the small seats and u would be good. I'll take some pix when I get off of what I have if u want.

6. ultraxr

ultraxr New Member

^^ please do and post up pictures. I'm still combing through Customtaco's forums. That's what i figured would happen or need to happen in order to support a car seat. I read over one post that someone actually found a car seat that did fit on the rear jump seat, and even so that the baby was facing to the rear. I'm just being cautious and looking ahead for when my time does come. haha... no mini-me's here yet.

7. kayo808

kayo808 New Member

8. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

This is what i did after i bought my lil girl a booster seat. Before i made this her feet would dangle. If you plan on putting an infant/toddler car seat just do the same thing but make it to where its level with the top of the seat and not under it like mine. I made this one mainly like a stool but she can put her toys in it also. And it just sits on the floorboard and i can take it out if she isnt with me if i wanted. I wasn't worried about wrapping it or anything cuz its just gonna get dirty anyway.

[​IMG]

9. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

put a sub in that and give the kiddo some bump in there trunk lol..... good thinking....

i had a car seat in mine once... i had to fold the rear seat down and it had the same effect as the little box.....

do the rear seats in the +09 fold down different than the 05-08's???? i looks like they do:hmmmm2:

10. x20Runner05

x20Runner05 New Member

Brian just admit that is your pink booster seat in the back....lol

11. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Each of my kids had a 10" sub to massage their feet! :top:
    Now they are taller and I have no subs in the X. :thumpdown:

[​IMG]

12. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

^^^^bingo...this is the pic i remember seeing i just couldn't remember who it was for. this is an awesome idea but like ^ said once they get older you should have enough time to think of something else that will work

sshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#12 babyboi2284, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  13. sixstringdave

sixstringdave Member

Not sure about 09 but my 05 works great. I just folded the jumpseat down and strapped it in. Been like that for 2 years now. If you need me to post some pics later i can. Dont remember the brand or model but it has a 5 point harness that straps him in.

My 3 year old loves it. "Dada, we go super fass!" :top:

14. NUPEPRIME

NUPEPRIME Active Member

Do to thread jack but, Sir are those custom sub box's ? Where is the amp? :hmmmm2:
    Very clean interior, Sir Steve :top:

15. jazuk350

jazuk350 New Member

I tried to fit my baby seat in the back and their was no way to make it safe.

16. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

Make a box like mine above but make it level with the too of the seat for the front of the car seat to sit on.

17. Wickd X

Wickd X New Member

Nice thread after reading this I think I'll hold off on converting my 05 to the 09+ back end tis very nice to be able to just flip the seat down and strap my daughters car seat in.

18. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

Ill throw my experience in here.

My cousin has put his son in a car seat in the back of my 2009 X. It was the type of seat that uses the vehicle seatbelt to strap him in, but its a full seat not just a booster.

We did this dozens of times and it worked fine, and I have a SubXclosure. Never took a pic tho.

19. fmap4life

fmap4life New Member

thats what that box was for, I was curious

20. MarcAnthony04

MarcAnthony04 New Member

Car seat in middle using car seat anchors

Attached Files: