Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09 xr with airbags in seats/racing seats??

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i dont know the answer to your question but i know that they are working on put airbag sensors in there seats and that there is going to be a group buy for them

Murderface

Reaction score
Of course the airbag lites will be on just ask micpun:top:

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I like those seats. Yea air bag light will be on.....but u wont drive it every day...keep ur factories so if u ever sell it, there wont be an issue..... can't pass a safety with the air bag light on

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would never disable the airbags in a vehicle that I put a passenger in... to me it's irresponsible incase there was ever an accident. I know to some they are useless but I have hit one and I am glad I did....

If cipher can get past the airbag issue I can see a sale comming from this guy but not til then

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
we are working on it, ive been down there numerous times. we are thinking of creating some sort of bypass on this so they can always be on.

there will be a group buy soon....

anyother aftermarket seats dont have the sensors as well...these are some bitchin seats!!!

burnboy

Reaction score
Actual side airbags in the seat or the passanger occupancy sensor in the passanger seat? Clarify please. You can wire a resistor inline of an actual airbag to keep the light off. Same as a steering wheel with no bag. Find the resistance rating of the bag and voila

ultraxr

Reaction score
^ i did that with my '97 kouki/240sx when i swapped the steering wheel out. :top:

Scarface

Reaction score
I already got my seats. They look good stock imo

Coupe

Reaction score
If I was going to undertake this, I would buy a set of factory junkyard seats. I would remove the factory sensors and graft them into the new seats.

It would be some work.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
If I was going to undertake this, I would buy a set of factory junkyard seats. I would remove the factory sensors and graft them into the new seats.

It would be some work.

yea we took my seats out, mildly took them apart because they still had to go back into my truck of course, but we understand the layout. our only problem is getting it on the bracket. it not as easy as removing and placing on the bracket it has a weird set up but that what is next. ill keep u guys updated!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am keeping a close eye on the cypher strays, I like em a lot but my luck I would toss em in and get some ass that runs a light straight into me and then my insurance won't payout on my physio bill cause I disabled the airbag...

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Make new brackets for the seats. It ain't moddin unless something gets modded :top:

Diddn't G fix this issue with the airbag sensor with his GTO seats?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I would never disable the airbags in a vehicle that I put a passenger in... to me it's irresponsible incase there was ever an accident. I know to some they are useless but I have hit one and I am glad I did....

If cipher can get past the airbag issue I can see a sale comming from this guy but not til then
Disabling the airbags in a car you drive would be irresponsible because you never know when a accident can happen. But now if it strickly a track car i wouldnt mind doing cuz thats a risking situation dragging down the track.

Actual side airbags in the seat or the passanger occupancy sensor in the passanger seat? Clarify please. You can wire a resistor inline of an actual airbag to keep the light off. Same as a steering wheel with no bag. Find the resistance rating of the bag and voila
The occupansy sensor is what messages up amongst the airbag.

It would be some work.
I agree with coupe it would be a hell alot of work. But if the companies that make the seats had a little more money and used the research that vehicle manufactures use the seats woiuld be more in demand cuz you would have looks, comfort and security.

Make new brackets for the seats. It ain't moddin unless something gets modded :top:

Diddn't G fix this issue with the airbag sensor with his GTO seats?
I beleive he did fix the wire issue with the seats but dont quote me on that. I think it would be schematics for both vehicles would be needed.

Top Bottom