Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

13.6 - 1/4 mile, street tires, crappy weather....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
yea but any ideas why it kept it in like "launch mode" the whole way? like i kept trying to floor it and the check engine light just kept flashing....

That will be hard to determine with out analyzing a log - unless it was an engine guardian activation (which does activate upon launch control now and then but usually isn't a problem because the launch timer is typically less then the EG delay).

What was your launch timer set to when this happen?

Do you have a log?

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
That will be hard to determine with out analyzing a log - unless it was an engine guardian activation (which does activate upon launch control now and then but usually isn't a problem because the launch timer is typically less then the EG delay).

What was your launch timer set to when this happen?

Do you have a log?

not sure about the timer, G set it up for me. and thats a negative to the log :thumpdown: Thanks for the help though. do u want to see the file?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
not sure about the timer, G set it up for me. and thats a negative to the log :thumpdown: Thanks for the help though. do u want to see the file?

Can you copy and paste the current LC configs?

Depending on a lot of things, the bogging was most likely due to the timer in LC not expiring. While that timer is running there is a ton of timing retard which will kill power. Also depending on when that timer starts (mph setting). The timer doesn't start right away there is a bit of a delay.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Can you copy and paste the current LC configs?

Depending on a lot of things, the bogging was most likely due to the timer in LC not expiring. While that timer is running there is a ton of timing retard which will kill power. Also depending on when that timer starts (mph setting). The timer doesn't start right away there is a bit of a delay.

how would i go about doing that? sorry the only thing i know how to do with xtune is data log. :thumpdown:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
In XTune, in the tree directory on the left, under your AprCal, there is a sub-folder named "Config", double click that folder, then you can see the settings for LC (see images below)

Once you do that, highlight the fields then copy and paste in the thread.

It'll look something like this when you copy and paste into text.

"LaunchMode(Mode)" 0
"LaunchTime1(s)" 3.000
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3000
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0
"LaunchSpark1(BTDC)" -15.0

LC_cap1.PNG
LC_cap2.PNG

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Thanks XRunnit for the help. here is the info for you guys:

"CalID(int)" 3
"ShiftLight(Rpm)" -200
"VsMaxStock(Mph)" 124
"VsMax(Mph)" 250
"VsAdj(*)" 0.9000
"Vs2Adj(*)" 0.9000
"VsT1(int)" 1
"VsT2(int)" 0
"GuardianMode(Mode)" 1
"GuardianLean(Afr)" 1.00
"GuardianRich(Afr)" -2.00
"GuardianEct(Afr)" 230
"GuardianLimitRpm(Rpm)" 3000
"GuardianRpm(Rpm)" 2500
"GuardianTps(%)" 85.0
"GuardianTime1(s)" 1.000
"LaunchMode(Mode)" 0
"LaunchTime1(s)" 3.000
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3000
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0

just checked the weather, cold front coming thru! Wed will be the coldest 55 F, depending on how much work i get done, and if they have any events, i may go again, early this time and get lots of runs in. Weather and time permitting, anyone in SFL down for palm beach raceway on wed? hit me up with a pm.

so how do i go about changing these settings and how do I change it on the USB or save it or open it ? lol sorry guys.....im a reh-tard when it comes to xtune, haven't ever had a chance to mess with it

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Thanks XRunnit for the help. here is the info for you guys:

"LaunchMode(Mode)" 0
"LaunchTime1(s)" 3.000
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3000
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0

so how do i go about changing these settings and how do I change it on the USB or save it or open it ? lol sorry guys.....im a reh-tard when it comes to xtune, haven't ever had a chance to mess with it

No problem man.

That looks to be the default setup for LC, LC has poor configuration out of the box.

So first thing we want to change is the LaunchTime1. 3 seconds is WAYYYYY too long to be waiting for full power. You want to be into WOT and full power ASAP. What I have found as a good time is 1.5-2.0 seconds. This will keep LC engaged through the 60' mark. After that you should be hauling balls as fast as you can.

LaunchRpm is going to be pretty dependent on how much boost your making, how much torque you are making, and how much grip your tires have. Running 295mm tires 3k should be good.

We will leave the LaunchVs1 at 10mph for now as well. Same with the LaunchSpark. Now what you will have to do is some testing/tuning on your end. You'll adjust the LaunchSpark based on how much the tires spin. -15° might be good, might be too much or not enough retard. If you spin a lot still, pull more timing. If you find yourself hooking up real quick, add more timing. You want just a little bit of spin so you know your launching as hard as you can, but not so much where your wasting time spinning.

Here is a good demo of LC in action. This was when I had started getting it dialed in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-AaAmxBPA

Put a tune on a flash key, and use that flash key as your "LC Cal" for the strip. For starters use these parameters.

"LaunchMode(Mode)" 1
"LaunchTime1(s)" 1.500
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3000
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
"LaunchMode(Mode)" 1
"LaunchTime1(s)" 1.3
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3800
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0
"LaunchSpark1(BTDC)" -12.0

WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
"LaunchMode(Mode)" 1
"LaunchTime1(s)" 1.3
"LaunchRpm(Rpm)" 3800
"LaunchVs1(Mph)" 10.0
"LaunchSpark1(BTDC)" -12.0

WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE :top:

how did that run for you? I think that would be too aggressive for a TRD boosted truck, being extremely torquey.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
how did that run for you? I think that would be too aggressive for a TRD boosted truck, being extremely torquey.

never actually messed with launch control but once, and the settings weren't nearly that aggressive. Hopefully next summer I will get a chance to dial it in with the drag radials and not break the clutch again. I was launching without LC at 3500+ and having no issues.
But I am sure that would be far too much for a TRD truck with all the low end torque.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah dude those settings would have me spinning and hopping all over the place.

The settings you posted are stock LC settings muzzy, I think that EG may have activated causing your truck to behave like that.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Can u trip the EG to come on if you give too much gas in LC before u pop the clutch?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Can u trip the EG to come on if you give too much gas in LC before u pop the clutch?

EG comes on when it has a hard time correcting AFR (1 point too lean or 2 points too rich).

When there is a fueling issue EG's timer starts to count - if it cant correct it by the end of its preset count interval it kicks in (like a limp mode).

(!!!!THIS IS A BIG DANGER FOR NITROUS USE!!!!)
- myself and APR have come up with methods to keep it active but safe (which is another topic all together).

I have seen it count during launch control however not had it kick in.

Its possible that for w/e reason it kicked in (probably due to the constant up and down AFR traces caused by the launch limiter).

Id say its probably just a fluke.

You should set up those launch control settings though, right now in their factory stock settings form they aren't very good.

Your current settings are what ships with all X1s, they are very general.

No you couldn't do anything to cause that with your skinny pedal and current setup.

Last edited:

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Thanks to every one for the positive comments and to all of those that helped me with xtune and LC :top:

Top Bottom