Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1GR Came Unglued

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard that JE makes a good MLS head gasket. Would have to send a set in to them for them to make them though. As an alternative.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Can easily be accomplished.....starting logging and hand your keys to one of the canadians :rofl:

Man, id love to get my hands on a fully done up MRKIII. Id get some data logs of load cells that Gadget didnt even knew the UCON/x1 could get into....:blurock:

Hell, that may have been my problem with the UCON...i actually DROVE my truck.:laugh:

hiflyer

Reaction score
Man, id love to get my hands on a fully done up MRKIII. Id get some data logs of load cells that Gadget didnt even knew the UCON/x1 could get into....:blurock:

Hell, that may have been my problem with the UCON...i actually DROVE my truck.:laugh:

I can attest that the c38-91 has made my Dubcab a drift truck when i's hits the loud pedal ;)

Trying not to go too crazy tho

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
All that time and $$$ and you're ready to pass it off? I understand some people's preference to go LS. I just think, if it were me I wouldn't be able to bastardize my truck like that (Chevy in a yota). That and the fact that it involves rewiring the truck and a new trans/driveshaft/rear end gears. But like I said I can see the intrigue of all the aftermarket support, n/a baseline power, and proven reliability.

Billy maybe you can be up and running before winter, lol.

Cliff, how quickly can you have it to NH? X-Fest is next weekend. Engine swap meet at Billy's Sat. :rofl:

You mean actually make the truck make 400whp and not blow up everytime you actually want to beat the shit out of it, you know, something you may want to do with a heavily modified sport truck...what kind of bastard would want that? :rolleyez: its ok, working for Lexus/toyota, and owning my truck for 5 years I totally understand reasoning why it would turn people off to do a LS swap. And keep in mind, this was before the big 3s (double cliff and torspd) builds all ground to a halt... It just took me 2 blown up 4.0l, two s/c kits, 3 diffrent ecus (4 if you count OEM TRD) and transmission on its last legs, price out a build like Cliffs and Marks to finally get my head out of my Toyota ass an ask my self the serious question; do I love drifting my truck because its Toyota powered, or do I just love drifting my truck. Period.

Engine swaps are looked at all wrong. It takes dedication and LOVE for the platform your in, to invest the time and money into it. I could just payed $10k for second hand 6.0l Goat instead spending the same and making my truck powered by one....:rolleyez: You aren't bastardizing it, you are giving it a second (or 3rd, 4th, etc...) lease on life.:rockon:

I aint butt hurt...but that's just my two cents on the subject. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I can attest that the c38-91 has made my Dubcab a drift truck when i's hits the loud pedal ;)

Trying not to go too crazy tho

You give me a Christmas tree and set of stickies, or a autocross course layed out, and ill hold my own there too. I aint no one trick pony. And if I had the money, id be hot lapping at big Willow too. :laugh:

Too bad no one in socal has a MRK3. Id love to see what it could do in the right hands. My only two experiences with URD trucks was hard to judge due the size of there trucks in my rear veiw mirror....:crinklehair:

Doublld

Reaction score
You mean actually make the truck make 400whp and not blow up everytime you actually want to beat the shit out of it, you know, something you may want to do with a heavily modified sport truck...what kind of bastard would want that? :rolleyez: its ok, working for Lexus/toyota, and owning my truck for 5 years I totally understand reasoning why it would turn people off to do a LS swap. And keep in mind, this was before the big 3s (double cliff and torspd) builds all ground to a halt... It just took me 2 blown up 4.0l, two s/c kits, 3 diffrent ecus (4 if you count OEM TRD) and transmission on its last legs, price out a build like Cliffs and Marks to finally get my head out of my Toyota ass an ask my self the serious question; do I love drifting my truck because its Toyota powered, or do I just love drifting my truck. Period.

Engine swaps are looked at all wrong. It takes dedication and LOVE for the platform your in, to invest the time and money into it. I could just payed $10k for second hand 6.0l Goat instead spending the same and making my truck powered by one....:rolleyez: You aren't bastardizing it, you are giving it a second (or 3rd, 4th, etc...) lease on life.:rockon:

I aint butt hurt...but that's just my two cents on the subject. :top:

truth right here. I just want my truck to stomp people that have no idea that a truck like ours could be so fast

akakrill

Reaction score
still not sure what to do about the whole situation... motor is almost at the point I cant take anything else of before I get it towed somewhere...

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Sorry to read this. Hope you get her back up & runnin as soon as possible.

akakrill

Reaction score
Towing it to the shop on Monday after Xfest to pull the engine...

akakrill

Reaction score
20140922_104342.jpg

It was a tie between rod & piston soup with ring extract and a 5w30 glaze and a splash of goldpeak.

or

for sale.. poormans 4 cylinder conversation kit.

driver side rearmost rod failed and destroyed the piston, took out the passenger side rear most piston and poked holes everywhere. Ill post more pics to follow. It made h-beam shaped holes into the bell housing, out both sides of the block, and destroyed oil pan webbing and cylinder walls.

when I opened it all up... the motor had a message to send me... "good day to you, sir".

so thats it for now :-(

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What threw that tostidos chip in there? O_O

akakrill

Reaction score
How are the heads and valves?

G

I don't know yet, yesterday I took the day off and removed the;

Exhaust
Y-pipe
Headers
Transmission
Clutch
Flywheel
Starter
Wire Harness
Supercharger Mounting Plate

By the way, Do you have allen bolts for the SC mounting plate in stock? 2 were destroyed during removal. The 2 just above the power steering pump.

Engine comes out this week when I get time after work. Then the inspection will proceed.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go a lot accomplished yesterday. For ease of things, I hope the heads are still ok.

akakrill

Reaction score
20141001_163315.jpg

20141001_174012.jpg

20141001_175238.jpg

20141001_181043.jpg

Pulled the motor last night, getting it towed back to my house and I'll be ready to dismantle it this weekend. Looking in the holes in the block and the grenade pistons, I don't know if anything will be salvageable...

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Timing cover, valve covers, tensioner, guides, and possibly heads. If the pistons didn't fly up and hit the valves/combustion chambers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom