2.7 urd pulley

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Hard Taco, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hard Taco

Hard Taco Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"

Thinking I wanna run the urd 2.7 pulley in the future. I have a 2013, what are the supporting components do I need to safely run this pulley ?

2. autobodyX

autobodyX Member

Get the fuel pump upgrade kit from URD. I like my E-fan, keeps everything nice and cool.

3. Hard Taco

I've got the fuel pump upgrade

4. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

AFR gauge as well. Other than that, you are good to go.

5. Redline

Redline New Member

x2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. Hard Taco

I've got the aem afr gauge. Do I not need more fuel for the next size pulley down ?

7. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

If your afr is around 11.5 right now then you may need additional fuel for the additional boost

8. Lucifer29

Lucifer29 New Member

Im at 11.1 afr with 2.85. will 2.7 be safe to add.
    I have urd fuel pump
    urd equal headers
    afe dry intake.

9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Has it been done? Yes. Is it safe? That's relative. More boost means less room for error. If you run the smaller pulley and in a turn or hard acceleration cause cavitation in the fuel pump there's a greater chance of damage. It's a risk/reward question really. If you're going to do it you'll definitely want some sort of tuning capabilities (maf cal, UCON, etc.) to fill in the wholes in the TRD tune (if that's what you're currently running).

I've got full exhaust, intake, and 2.825 supergrip pulley. I've got a maf cal, which has yet to be tuned. I'm waiting until the truck in no longer my daily driver before I think about upping the boost. @Hard Taco on the other hand, is running the 2.7 with a maf cal. It's all about the tune.

10. Lucifer29

Lucifer29 New Member

yes TRD TUNE. thanks bud, no high speed turns with my 35inch tires but I would like the extra umfff to get me through the Daycare parking lot....lol. I want the MAF Cal however I am skeptical with local shops tunning it, if they have experienced them and know what they are doing as its my daily driver. Im not very knowledgable when it comes to tuning the fuel fields etc. How do I pick a shop who will not just say "yeah we can tune it" just for $$$$$$.