Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 newest mods...

TreTuna

Reaction score
First, new front plate mount. Idea came from Cowbell. Just got to get a plate frame and do a little Plasti-dip action on it...

web.jpg

web.jpg

Second mod is a gift from Lenie. Thanks girl!!

web.jpg

What's that? Dunno what it is? Take a closer look....

web.jpg

Oh yeah!! Representin' the Underground!

lenie03

Reaction score
glad it got there safe and un bent. looks great on your ride.

TreTuna

Reaction score
looks good tuna, this guy has a new mod everyday :smile:

Haha, I gotta do some catch-up. Not only with you guys, but with my own mind!! I've been thinking about this truck for 4 years. I finally snag one what, 2-3 months ago. There's been a lot brewing in my head on this truck for a while. I gotta get it out! Bad thing is now that I have it, it's just getting worse! :hmmmm2:

Check it....

Tomorrow I go to get final version of the emblem cut and engraved. Will now have a background to make it stand out and define the lettering with and without the light..... Where does this get crazy, I just thought of another idea for the background, I can't even talk about it right now. If I do it tomorrow you'll see. But also, I've already got two more designs I'm working one, in no real order, working on both at the same time.

First is custom for Hugo (Nightwing) and it's going to be the emblem he uses as his avatar on here. Still have to iron out the details.

Second is an idea from qponde from the meet on Sunday. I'm going to make a "new" stock emblem for the stock grills. I think I can do it and make it practically plug-and-play after we were looking at his (he had no emblem on it). So you can have any color emblem, and will be able to make it light up! Luckily I've got my stock grill assembly right next to me from my recessed mod and will be talking with my acrylic guy tomorrow about it.

Ok, on to the plate. That actually got done at the Santa Fe Dam meet. I brought everything with me, BUT the mounting hardware, DOH! :argh: Ended up running to Home Depot and buying new stuff, came back and did it at the meet. Funny thing is, none of us took pictures of it that I have seen. Plasti-dip gets done tomorrow, along with a write-up probably. Took pictures last night when I put the sticker on.

Which brings me to the sticker. Lenie, once again, thank you. You Rock! :rockon: I love the "taping it around the bottle" method, used to do that all the time without a problem. Like I said, if you need anything I start doing for people, let me know, I'll hook it up. When that thing came in I was getting home from a stressful day at work, put my stuff down, walked right back out to where the truck is parked (garage down the street), put it on, and took pictures. Took me a minute to figure out where I wanted to put it. Decided on that corner because out of all the places I was thinking, it had the least amount of wiper-overlap. If the wiper takes anything out it'll be the .com, which is whatever anyway... You Google XR-Underground, you gonna find us. :top:

Also just talked to someone out here about custom seat covers today. Got a pretty good price on them, just gotta find somewhere else for embroidering, design them, and then fit them in my budget! Oh, and speaking of that....

Vendor status is in the works with K2 now. Once that's up I will have separate posts detailing everything and how I am going to have to work everything. I get my prices on the emblems tomorrow and will just have to figure my work-time into it when I make this one. This is of course kinda my hobby/job so real work gets in the way a lot, I've got to get my times down for how much time I have to invest into these right now. Hopefully I can get it all done this week, so I can start hookin' you guys up, which all proceed go into getting more of these ideas outta my head (like the seatcovers, followed by the rest of the crappy cloth in our cabs), which will benefit not only me.... oh no... but all of you as well... :crinklehair:

Top Bottom