2007 Xrunner Struts

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Brianburkhart1, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Brianburkhart1

Brianburkhart1 New Member

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am a newbie to struts......I purchased a set of quick struts to replace my current ones getting some odd wear on inner side of tire the replacement struts came in but look alot longer and skinnier then the current ones installed and no lower bolt mount for brake line and every where i search online looks the same. Ill post pics if I can should I put the new ones on or keep searching? The old ones are short and fat.

Attached Files:

2. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Your new ones look like 4x4 struts. I recommend going to Toyota and getting factory bilsteins. Best thing about that is they have a life time warranty from Toyota.

EhdzXrunnR likes this.
  3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

If you've got inner tire wear either your camber or toe alignment is off.

4. x-runner kid

x-runner kid Active Member

When I bought new front struts the only type available for the Xrunner was the factory bilsteins

5. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

And as far as I know that's still the case, I know @throwinsparksatu wqs looking into an air ride option from QA-1 but I haven't seen that play out yet.

x-runner kid likes this.
  6. o0opackersfano0o

i have some aftermarket quick struts in mine right now. look like for a regular 2wd tacoma ride like crap and make tons of noise. they will be coming out

7. x-runner kid

x-runner kid Active Member

The factory bilsteins have a specific valving made for the X-runner. Surebthw 2wd ones will mount up but like you said will ride like shit and be a terrible option.

8. o0opackersfano0o

Ya wasn't my choice. Bought it like that. I have bilsteins I'm putting on soon with my djm kit

x-runner kid likes this.