Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 Tacoma (Baja Edition)

kusklub

Reaction score
I trust a toyota more then a ford to go offroad straight from the dealer.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
I do like this truck - it will be interesting to see the reviews of it compared to the raptor! I think toyota chose the wrong starting platform for this type of specialty vehicle. If they would have chosen a tundra I would seriously consider buying one!

i second this :top:

3rd'd, new fords are nice though!

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
i agree with fords being crap but the raptor has the v8, longer control arms, fiberglass fenders and some other long travel modifications.
i see the baja edition just being a tacoma sitting on some 5100s and eibach coils

Kevin S.

Reaction score
i agree with fords being crap but the raptor has the v8, longer control arms, fiberglass fenders and some other long travel modifications.
i see the baja edition just being a tacoma sitting on some 5100s and eibach coils

yep! Basically toyota didn't really attack this project 100% IMHO

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
they look good, but the one at our dealership was like $39k :stupid:
my brother is the general sales manager and i was like, dude yall lost your mind, you put $600 worth of lift a stock truck and bumped the price up 10k.
anyone else see the problem lol

justin13703

Reaction score
they look good, but the one at our dealership was like $39k :stupid:
my brother is the general sales manager and i was like, dude yall lost your mind, you put $600 worth of lift a stock truck and bumped the price up 10k.
anyone else see the problem lol

Yeah that's a joke. So if they're asking 40k for it, by the time you get done tacking on all the additional stuff, tax etc, it's gonna be close to 45k. For a Tacoma with a little lift and some beefier tires and wheels. Oh and decals down the sides. I love toyotas but you are out of your freaking mind if you ever pay 45k for a Tacoma because it is lifted from the factory. For that price you can get waaaaay more truck from a competitor.

To put it into perspective I just did the math and if you intended to pay that thing off over 5 years, even with no interest added on you will be paying around $750 a month. Um, No.

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
Funny thing is someone bought it with in a week...
I guess they don't have the warranty issues others have when they lift. Guess that means more to some others

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
45k i rather buy another x runner and turn it into a beefy prerunner, that would be something worth seeing

Reaction score
Not a fan of the package. I saw it personally at Sema and I wasn't impressed. Shocks and a sticker aren't worth 45K.

DSC00983.jpg

Owners argue that their suspension doesn't void warranty. Well same if you add your own parts unless they cause an OEM part to fail.

NODRULN

Reaction score
looks like a wannabee raptor with your stupid stickers.

Top Bottom