Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 X-Runner...?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
If you look to the right the engine code is 1GR..does that mean anything?
Yea but the 4Runner and FJ Cruiser say the same thing too...so I don't know what motor they're putting in it yet.
Is there no Long Bed 4wd double cab anymore?
Usually model# 7596 is the long bed 4x4 d-cab Tacoma (7190 is the 4x2 version). I don't know...maybe they forgot to add 'Long Bed' on there:dontknow:

5000XD

Reaction score
7 years!!!!!!!!!! and still the same. WTF are these engineers at Toyota doing all day every day? :thumbdown:

KX7

Reaction score
7 years!!!!!!!!!! and still the same. WTF are these engineers at Toyota doing all day every day? :thumbdown:

Yup 7 years and in the Tacoma's case nothing I guess all I know is when the new Tacoma ( X-Runner ) comes out I hope it be a hell of alot better that what we have now..

Just some wishful thinking..

rich017

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a new Tacoma. Doesn't have to be an X-runner, but it would be awesome if they had a new sport truck like the X for whenever they change the Tacoma again. IMO they have not come out with a new one yet because the current Tacoma is a great truck and people still buy them. Plus it works.

At least they haven't pulled a Ford. Ford still makes the ranger and it has been unchanged for many years. In fact, it's still the only vehicle being made with a distributor type ignition system. A 2012 truck with a distributor...

Gadget

Reaction score
Best guess is that the new version of the 1GR-FE engine will appear in the Tacoma next MY.

When I dynoed my 2005 XRunner and my 2006 4Runner they are so close on the dyno it is amazing stock and boosted.

Well, I have a 2010 4Runner and it has the new version of the 1GR. I got the vehicle to develop a supercharger for the new engine and to replace my off road truck. The drive line is very much the same as the 2006 4Runner which dynos very much the same as my XRunner.

Well, I took it to the dyno today to get a base line on it. It is right at 230 RWHP and and 230 RWTQ. That is about 25 more than my stock XRunner was. So the new engine should give the Tacoma a nice gain in performance out of the box. Just sharing the news....

G

livinginsa

Reaction score
Really, I don't care if they change the model. It just makes our model still new.

Besides, we can make it anything we want with APR and URD there for the mods.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys an update...the meeting in Las Vegas was this past week (June 29th). I'm not sure if I said June or July, but it was last week.

I got a phone call later that night from a good friend of mine who's been with Toyota for about 25 years; and he was invited to go to the unveiling of the new Camry, Avalon, and Tacoma.

I'm gonna talk with him again tomorrow and another person who went who I think took a sneak picture of it. I was told that there was signs all over that cell phones were banned and no pictures allowed...but word is that someone who went did take a photo...so I'm trying to pull some favors in getting it.

I will go into detail later (as most of you know, kind of a crazy week for me), but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that it is different, and the guy I talked to said it was a "BOLD" change with the front end.

So, we'll see....

Murderface

Reaction score
I don't think there's any changes to the 2012's, it's gonna get the weak single VVT-I engine, shitty ugly-ass drum brakes and the same piece of shit transmission we are all blessed to have.
There's spy shots of every other truck out there but none for the Taco, why because there's no changes. Toyota u suck!!

LA Equis

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2011 x runner has any or the same problems with the transmission as in the previous years? I shouldn't had traded in my worry free, almost perfect 02' DC tacoma, damn it!

Top Bottom