3 new recalls! wtf

Discussion in 'Recalls & Updates' started by Jwall, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Jwall

Jwall Active Member

I just got my oil changed yesterday afternoon and they finally asked me about the pedal recal but they said we have 3 recalls for you.

1. Cut pedal 1\2 in off
    2. Remove a peice of underlay from under carpet
    3. Put a program in the ECU so that way if you hit the brake pedal and the gas together it wont let you.

I said it aint happening lol, and signed off on it. The only one thing i did let them do was take the small peice of underlay out which helps but they are not touching my pedal or ECU. Phuck that!

They could at least order pedals in if it was that big of an issue, who wants their pedal hacked at psssht!

I am in the process also about finding out more about our T\O bearings, I will be bringing mine in next week. I mentioned the Sleeve kit to them and they want to see the threads of all the problems we have been having. These guys at my local toyota will go the extra mile for you, I hope they instal my sleeve kit for me later ;) I will get a replacement T\O first though.

2. 08x

08x New Member

there not sposed to cut anything under the carpet its not part of the recall the only part of the recall is just the cutting the pedal and reprograming the ecu thats all toyota has told us to do

3. livinginsa

livinginsa New Member

I read that someone had them do that, and they are pissed because the gas pedal is tiny. They aren't touching mine, either.

4. 07SWB

07SWB Active Member

they shouldn't be touching your carpet.. the tacoma recall is a pedal trim and ecu flash only..

5. dj_lucas840

dj_lucas840 Active Member

I thought they said it was diff in canada? Recall isn't the same as here! Hell they haven't brought it up here at all!

6. djcsx-runner

djcsx-runner " I love blue waffles"

my recall called for the mats and i went in and they wanted to cut my pedal i laughed and told them to just give me the clips that hold the mat in place and he handed them to me and i walked out

7. braves011

braves011 "Crouching Tiger"

i got a thing in the mail about the floormats prolly go see em about it when I take it in for the Tranny.

8. Red08xr

Red08xr New Member

all i have is the clips. seems fine. i dont want my pedal cut

9. Phoenix

Phoenix "Snow Ninja"

From what I hear, the recall was optional in Canada, and I definitely optioned OUT of the foot pedal shave when my stealership brought it up. I haven't heard about the underlay or the ECU programming either.. thats certainly new and news to me!!

10. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

The ecu reflash is part of the pedal mod recall makes it so you can't give it gas and brake at the same time

11. ICEMAN

ICEMAN "I drive in the dirt"

Any news about new floormats? I have worn through my toyota rubber mats and want more.....for FREE.

12. butters607

butters607 Active Member

Here's the best idea for this forget they ever issued a recall for any of this nonsense!

13. x20Runner05

x20Runner05 New Member

No carpet modify, just ecu flash n pedal cut

14. X-Pablo

X-Pablo Member

I got the ECU flash done, but no pedal cut, I have racing pedals anyhow, and I told them if I find any kind of zip ties on my floormats or the pedal being cut they will regret it.
    Since I have control of their DMS system, they know not to do anything to piss me off.

15. Jwall

Jwall Active Member

Must be just a thing here in canada then. Over-procautionary i guess. I signed off on not getting anything done

16. PiNkY

PiNkY Active Member

Wait a second if you do the ecu reflash doesn't that mean you can't do a burnout then? Not that I do anyways

17. 07SWB

07SWB Active Member

The recall is optional on every vehicle that it has been introduced on. You do not have to get it done if you don't want to. One of the first things a service writer should be doing is checking for open recalls on the vehicle. The ecu programming is something everyone should do. If you aren't happy with them cutting your pedal, request a full replacement pedal. They are readily available and look like the factory one just a bit smaller.

You can go get new floormats but they are about 1/4" thick and to be honest, they are kinda cheezy.. I would just spend the money and get a set of weathertech mats or liners.

18. PiNkY

PiNkY Active Member

Would this reflash affect the MAF calibrator or x-1 in anyway?

19. Jwall

Jwall Active Member

Your right, the reflash does stop you from being able to do burnouts. i asked and also said not that i do anyways lol, cuz i dont but who knows.. lol

20. xmoney jr

xmoney jr New Member

there morons anyways guys u can believe half the crap they tell u