Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3 Noises...Banging, Wind and klunking

MXXN

Reaction score
I have 3 issues

1. I have a wind noise from the right rear access door area. It is worse if there is a cross wind. Its set to be about 18* hear tomorrow so when it warms up some I a gonna get out the painters tape and tape over areas till I find it but I thought prior to this I would ask if anyone else has delt with the same. This noise has been around for awhile but now I am riving the truck more and starting to put some more time into it.

2. Banging under acceleration if I hit a bump. Truck is lowered 1.5 at both end with SOS. I get a loud banging like metal on metal if I am real hard on the gas in 1, 2, possibly 3rd gear. Basically when you pulling away from a stop hard and hit a frost heave . I have no issues with exhaust clearance. but something is moving around enuff to make contact. I had the truck up and couldn't see any marks indicating what might be hitting. The sounds appears to be coming from under the bed/access area. The jack under the seat seams secure. I am not sure if this has anything to do with cab mount TSB

3 I have a clunk/rattle type interior noise(I know wrong forum) that seems to be do to an empty passenger seat. It sounds like the right rear access door isnt closed but it almost disappears when there is passenger in the truck which leads me to believe it is the seat back bouncing over bumps. Anyone deal with this also. You can see the seat back shudder ofver bumps and I think ti is causing the seat back pivots to clunk or the whole seat to clunk in the tracks. The seat bottom seams secure so I am sure the nylon sliders are good.

Thanks for any advice. It sucks when your buddy's 13K Yaris seems put together better then the Tacoma.

Last edited:

Dallas

Reaction score
mine has wind noise in crosswind also, from the rear doors

ddongbap

Reaction score
lol, i thought you were talking about me for a sec.

TacoInvader

Reaction score
I know several people, including me are having problems with the passenger seat belt mechanism inside the door rattling. I opened up the door to check it out once but aparently it's internal. try fastening the passenger seat belt and see if that rattle goes away. If it does that's what it is..

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Could it be the pasenger seat belt receptical rattling against the councle? :dontknow: It happens in mine somtimes.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Could it be the pasenger seat belt receptical rattling against the councle? :dontknow: It happens in mine somtimes.

In my case it is actually the seat that is shaking or rattling.:thumpdown:

MXXN

Reaction score
Well I guess I am glad that others are seeing the same issues. Its been on going I just havent had the time to really address it. Now I do and its freezing outside. I post any finding.

rich017

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the passenger access window. It also does it if you roll the windows down and it sounds like you are blowing on a plastic bag to make that annoying ass noise. I think its a leak in our windows.:thumpdown:

MXXN

Reaction score

Thats a good place to start. It makes sense since that would be more like the noise i am hearing. it is like a lower thud, sounds pretty solid. The seat belt mechanism in the access door is a higher frenquency type rattle then what I have.

Top Bottom