Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3000 2jz twin turbo supra motor

rexrunner

Reaction score
Ok by the quality of the questions being asked, I really hope you dont attempt to do it yourself unless you research a lot more.don't attempt the awd either

bangbang

Reaction score
O I'm doing a lot of research before I do anything.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I know heloboby dropped in a 2j with the r154 in his xr after pulling out the turbo 1gr he had in it. He never finished the swap but he said he had the motor and trans in and mocked up for mounting. but thats been years ago, and he pulled it back out to put a 1gr back in and sell it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Time and money most likely...

bangbang

Reaction score
That sucks. Ima try to buy some of the parts soon but I dont think it will be done for awhile. Just got told today we are leaving in June for Afghan. So you know what that means. I got a yr to build it in my head and on paper so when I get back ill be ready.

rexrunner

Reaction score
Just FYI make a huge parts list and order it before you get back. You dont plan to keep twins do you? Single setup would make it all muxh cleaner and easier

bangbang

Reaction score
Yea I plan on ordering everything I can while I'm there. Hmm make it a single nvr really thought bout that, it does make sense. I'll look into that. Thx

I was thinking bout thinking bout putting a bigger turbo on of course

Last edited:

bangbang

Reaction score
Brainstorming with a friend and thought. What if I just keep my rear end and switch the gears out for 3.73 with a locking diff. Thoughts

KSXR

Reaction score
Yup pretty nice. Anyone need anything shipped from Japan?
Can you still ship from Japan? Is it best to fill a container for an engine? How much is the 2JZ going for over there?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you still ship from Japan? Is it best to fill a container for an engine? How much is the 2JZ going for over there?
That post was 6-1/2 years ago......

Top Bottom