Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4X4 6-lug leaf springs drop amount.

TACOWHEELS

Reaction score
So I have acquired a set of 4x4 6-lug leaf springs . They are from a 2016 Tacoma with less than 25,000 miles on them. There in good shape. I'm going to install them with a set of QA1 single adjustable shocks. My question is how much drop realistically should I expect to get from the leaf springs? I'm getting conflicting info on how much drop they usually provide on our trucks.

Superloki24

Reaction score
Mine were around 1.5" to 1.75" of drop from stock height.
And that was with QA1 shocks as well.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
I read there's a difference between the 2015 / 2nd gen and the 2016 / 3rd gen springs.
What it is I don't know but please install and let us know.
I got a tad over a 2" drop but I have a 2015 X-cab w/ a 2.7L and stick. I couldn't find or buy a new X, dealerships wouldn't even order one.

TACOWHEELS

Reaction score
I read there's a difference between the 2015 / 2nd gen and the 2016 / 3rd gen springs.
What it is I don't know but please install and let us know.
I got a tad over a 2" drop but I have a 2015 X-cab w/ a 2.7L and stick. I couldn't find or buy a new X, dealerships wouldn't even order one.
The guy I got the springs from said they would fit fine. Where did you read there was a diffrence?

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus Christ,
Yes they will fit‼️
I said I "Read" and "What it is I don't know but please install and let us know".

Top Bottom