Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

5.7 RCSB Unichip Tundra Dyno

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
hes not 4x4 but he does have traction problems he spins down the track pretty good. he still managed a 9.29 1/8 mile but he should be even faster now

RCE EATR

Reaction score
yeah dont shut it down..

having driven the tundras i know they are pretty quick stock, theres several on dragtimes running 14.1-14.2 in the 1/4 and 9.1-9.2 in the 1/8 stock. cant imagine how fast theyd be w/a few mods

Last edited:

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
just got back from irwindale. Tune did help, but now im having even a harder time hooking up...However...(and im sorry about this Ryan) LOL, I did manage to hit a 9.126 @77.91 mph. My previous best time was a 9.293 @ 77.82. If I can manage to get a 2.0 of less 60' i know i can break 8's. Once it hooks up it pulls like a mother. Looks like some cheap rims, and some nice drag radials are the next mod.

Oh and as far as Dyno numbers go, as long as i got gains, the numbers dont bother me.:rock:

RCE EATR

Reaction score
haha exactly..

what kind of tires are you running socaliallstar?

i had 215/45/17 fk452s and i would spin through 60mph in 2nd gear.. any speed up to that speed if i floored it, it would spin both front tires.. now with 225/45/17 neogens, i hardly spin in 1st gear and 2nd doesnt spin at all.

just saying some new performance tires may be all you need if you dont already have some

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
Im running 275/55R20 dunlop something or others. They're the ones that came with the truck. But they do say "sport" on them, so they have to be good.

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
wow i cant believe it. now i have to go represent and beat that time lol. track conditions were awsome today, i wish i would have gone. i dont think i can beat a 9.1 but i will try

what was your 60'????

Last edited:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
wow that is a good 60', well this can not go unanswered lol. i have to find a way to get to the 9.1's so im at least close lol. but great runs bro! that is awsome that truck flies

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
nope, i might show up late and if they let me race i will. but if not ill just watch

hey socal i have a few questions, how much did it cost to tune your truck with the unichip?

Last edited:

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
about $365. That included putting in a bung in my exhaust. He also had my old 87 tune in his computer. He tweeked it a little bit and threw it back on my unichip. So now i have 2 maps one for 91 octane and one for 87, both with decent gains for each octane rating. Thats the nice thing about this tuner, you can hold more than one tune, and swich it over with a toggle switch, which atm is under the hood and soon to be in my dash.

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
cool beans i hope to have a unichip very soon and i hope this guy can squeeze some power out of my truck

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
Yeah, i think he kinda started on tacomas. When your ready hit me up and ill get you the info. He's in San Dimas.

RCE EATR

Reaction score
Im running 275/55R20 dunlop something or others. They're the ones that came with the truck. But they do say "sport" on them, so they have to be good.

lol you never know. i had falken fk452s which are ultra high performance summer tires, and they did well, but not as well as others. i had read a lot of reviews too and people loved them and said they gripped well. but the grip difference is night and day..

Tripple D

Reaction score
Yeah, i think he kinda started on tacomas. When your ready hit me up and ill get you the info. He's in San Dimas.

He tuned my truck as well just before he moved to the new shop. This guy knows his $hit. His recommendations gave me the same amount of torque as guys maxed out with TRD chargers and I don't have a pulley yet.

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
yeah, Andrew's very straight up with you on what works and what doesnt. On my last tundra he tuned, he gave me a little crap about the shorty headers and the flowmaster exhaust setup i had going on.

Top Bottom