Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

5 minute clutch mod

Jeremias

Reaction score
I have been pretty busy but here it is.
- 3 tools: needle nose pliers, 14mm stubby wrench, 12mm stubby wrench.
- Go to local hardware store and buy a pack of adjustable chair feet.
- Cut 1/4 inches of thread off and straighten threads out.
leg_diagram.JPG

1. Look under the dash at the bottom of the clutch pedal.
2. Remove the bright green spacer with needle nose pilers. Push pedal down to assist removal.
3. On the bottom of the clutch pedal there will be a black steel piston. On said piston there will be a 14mm square nut and a 12mm lock nut.
4. Loosten lock nut.
5. Push pedal towards top of truck (don't force), spin the square lock nut in a downward rotation until piston spins.
6. Tighten lock nut.
7. Install spacer with nut.
8. Enjoy!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The secret mod every one loved at X Fest East, had finally come to light! Woot!

Gadget

Reaction score
I always wondered about this mod.

What I was wondering is, does it still allow the mater cylinder to come up far enough to take in more fluid if needed?

Might need someone to test that to make sure. Hold the pedal down, crack open the bleeder screw and then close it off. Let the pedal up and see if refills or not to make up for the volume lost on the bleed.

If it does, there should not be any worries.

G

AFP520

Reaction score
Whats the benefit to it? Faster pedal engaging? :hmmmm2:

MisterSkaTuba

Reaction score
is this the mod to adjust the travel of the pedal? been wanting to do it for a while.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
~~~~Jeremy, i work in a hardware store, and there are 3 different sizes of said feet... give us a length, thread pitch, size...etc...Hell, even a UPC, as i might carry the same one as them

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
UPDATE:

For instance, we carry 7/8 and 1-1/8th long feet leveling kits. 1/4 inch out of one will not yeild the proper length shaft, as compared to the other. On the packaging you bought, it should display the length. :top:

also, please post some pictures or update your instructions better, as to explain exactly where you put the chair leveling foot, as its not mentioned. Thanks.

X'ED

Reaction score
id like to see more info on as to what this mod is used for too..

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
X'ED said:
id like to see more info on as to what this mod is used for too..

It takes out the useless travel in the clutch pedal so pretty much as soon as you start pressing the pedal the clutch disengages. I've been thinking about this mid ever since Dane told me about it almost two years ago.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
It takes out the useless travel in the clutch pedal so pretty much as soon as you start pressing the pedal the clutch disengages. I've been thinking about this mid ever since Dane told me about it almost two years ago.

When you let the clutch out does it engage "higher" up in the travel too? I know in my brother's E92 M3, the clutch disengaged with very little depression and engaged very high up too. I wasn't really a fan of how much travel it took for the clutch to engage when starting up from a stop.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Opposite Wilson....

Basically it takes out all of the freeplay in the clutch so there is only like 3 inches of total travel.... It's a pretty sweet mod

Last edited:

X'ED

Reaction score
ah.. so hows the engagement now with this mod?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Engagement is now about 1/2 from the floor.... Takes some getting used to to drive

Basically it elimiminates most of the 'garbage' area of the clutch

Last edited:

X'ED

Reaction score
nice, ever since i swaped out clutches the pedal has always not "felt" right.. might give this a try.. since alot of people seem to like it.

need more pics! ...lol

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Engagement is now about 1/2 from the floor.... Takes some getting used to to drive

Basically it elimiminates most of the 'garbage' area of the clutch

I want this mod then.... Put probably going to need a more detailed write up and someone with a little more knowledge before I tackle this one. Don't really want to spend 800$ on a new clutch.

X'ED

Reaction score
I want this mod then.... Put probably going to need a more detailed write up and someone with a little more knowledge before I tackle this one. Don't really want to spend 800$ on a new clutch.

id just like to see more pics of.. seems pretty straight foward..

any one had any problems with it "riding" the clutch?

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I'm a lanky b@$tard, so the long clutch isn't a huge deal to me! Would be curious to drive some ones they has it done just to know, and how it would feel with my stage 4 clutch!!!

Top Bottom