Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6+ rib pulleys for trd s/c's

darthyota

Reaction score
would it be possible to do this g? would open up more belt options for guys and it would also mean more grip for guys running smaller snout pulleys so less chance of belt slippage

Gadget

Reaction score
6 rib is the most common supercharger belt to use because there are so many different length options. That is what I used on the Tundra supercharger system and the new 1GR system.

There is likely a good reason TRD went with a 5 rib belt, like the 6 rib would not fit. They way they ran the belt drive it is pretty tight.

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
This would be really expensive! U would need like 7 totally new pulleys to make it work.

darthyota

Reaction score
7 pulleys $100ish a pulley so $700ish for a kit would be money well spent i think

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
If I interpreted G's words of wisdom, I believe you can just order a shorter 6 rib belt and cut off a rib and install it with the stock pulleys. This would save 700$ and be a lot easier.

darthyota

Reaction score
If I interpreted G's words of wisdom, I believe you can just order a shorter 6 rib belt and cut off a rib and install it with the stock pulleys. This would save 700$ and be a lot easier.

your missing the point wilson more ribs = more surface area = less belt slip which means boost is more consistent

rexrunner

Reaction score
You don't nees to replace every pulley. Juat the sc and crank one.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Question should be who is actually having any belt slip issues? About 75% of the pulley on the supercharger is covered in belt, at 8lbs I have zero slippage, soon the 2.7 will be going on, but I doubt it will cause any issues.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
i have issues with slip with the 2.7

Is the belt new? also how is the tensioner, will be easier to try a slightly larger pulley somewhere along line to take up extra slack from smaller pulley. Did you try a new belt first, how much boost are you loosing at what rpm do you see slippage.

Coupe

Reaction score
I have had good luck with the Goodyear Gatorback belts to help prevent slippage.

darthyota

Reaction score
well before the new belt went on i would only see 8 or 9 psi especially if it was hot out even now i think it still slips sometimes

Super Werty

Reaction score
You don't nees to replace every pulley. Juat the sc and crank one.

not true. if you're gonna do it, do it right.

and I too have seen slippage with the 2.7. Even caught it on video

right at 105mph, you can hear something off in the blowers sound...it felt like i was suddenly driving into the wind and slowed me way down

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkh793PwnMk[/ame]

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
your missing the point wilson more ribs = more surface area = less belt slip which means boost is more consistent

I don't think I have had much belt slippage in the past. As of right now I just want to a shorter belt so that my tensioner isn't maxed out and making a noise. Its a definitely a good idea though. :top:

Top Bottom