A/C Leak

Discussion in 'Stock Performance/Mechanical' started by sntckr, Apr 8, 2018.

1. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

When they do the frame at my work atleast they disconnect right at the a/c compressor. And gets new crush gaskets when attached. If u have an a/c machine. Recharge it and add dye. And run the a/c and make sure the compressor runs. Look for leaks.

2. sntckr

sntckr Member

Cool. Thanks for the reply man. I don't want to deal with this dealership, so I will probably do what you suggested. I checked Sparks Toyota's parts website and couldn't find the gaskets. I suppose I will just give them a call. It looks like the lines also have a connection near the firewall. I am guessing they disconnected the lines there, too.

I can jump the compressor in the fuse/relay box if it doesn't take enough of a refrigerant charge to kick it on automatically.

3. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Usually they lift the cab off the frame. So they keep them connected on firewall. But you should be able to see the dye no problem.