Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ABS, Brake,Tire Pressure light & now CEL

x-driver21

Reaction score
It has been a fun night and i cant seem to catch a break.

I had some gauges installed a couple weeks ago in the pillar and connected to the fuse box via double piggy back style fuse in the ignition fuse location. The abs, brake light, and tire pressure light have came on a couple times. I initially thought the piggy back was to blame. I could turn off the truck, unplug the fuse and turn back on the truck, turn off the truck and plug the fuse back in and they would be gone.
*note: the first time this happened my a/c just blinked

WELP
NOT TONIGHT

When these lights come on the ac has no power, no lights, no function.

My Windows loose all power.

Ive tried leaving the piggy back unplugged and just doing a normal single fuse and no luck.

THEN my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON! What is this MADNESS! It’s 11pm at night!!
-and the real kicker is my window in rolled down when the lights came on. So yea, I’m frustrated

Ive tried disconnecting the battery and Ive checked the fuses

Anyone know what’s going on!?!?!?!?!?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing the CEL code would be helpful. As for the other issues it initially sounded like your gauges are drawing too much but the fact that it's not blowing the fuse is throwing me for a loop. And going back to "stock" without the gauges doesn't solve the problem? I have 4 gauges, and I'm pulling from two separate locations with "add-a-fuse" circuits.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Seams your illumination leg of the gauges is back feeeing to the Body control module. How and what have you hooked the gauge inputs to?

Top Bottom