Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aesthetic or Functional SS Wing

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wanted to get your opinions on strictly street's tailgate wing race or shorty version for our trucks.
Does the wing have function to it or is more of an aesthetic piece i.e do you guys notice a difference?
The question is primarily for those who autocross or do spirited drivers but others are welcomed to put their input.
Not bashing or degrading on SS btw just want some input.
Thanks

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve heard the “race” version has seen functional results. But I’m speaking 3rd hand. Maybe skmeone who’s driven with one will chime in for you.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
well seeing as how they use them in nascar truck and nascar i'm sure they serve a purpose. How much so and how high of a speed are you really going in the xr though...I doubt you will really use the benefits of the aero that these are built for....

maybe i'm wrong, been wrong before haha.

Reaction score
Well I do take 40+ in some sharp turns exiting out turn pins and already have my brake kit waiting to be installed. So I wonder if this wing can add benefits to my truck

30Birdy

Reaction score
I have driven at high speeds with the shorty and I can say for sure that there are no negative effects. I think its completes the whole sport truck theme that Toyota was after. Makes it easier to close the tailgate too, lol.

Reaction score
I'm just worried if it cause more harm than good due to this design creating down force like NASCAR vehicles but sometimes create more drag than needed

easts1d3

Reaction score
I have had feedback from a few guys that it helps plant the back end down in high speed corners.

Personally I have not raced at high speeds, only autox events.

Reaction score
So would you guys recommend the shorty version over the race for some spirited driving/autocross?

Top Bottom