Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Air Filter

Bang Bang

Reaction score
typiclally how long do the CAI filters last before they need replacing?

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Typically, they're clean until they're dirty. Lol it all depends man.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
you should clean them once a year or whenever they're dirty :laugh: don't replace them

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
depends if you wanna reuse your air filter lol. just spray it off with a high pressure air hose using a compressor and it will be good as new until you want to buy another one! :top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
depends if you wanna reuse your air filter lol. just spray it off with a high pressure air hose using a compressor and it will be good as new until you want to buy another one! :top:

Don't that will destroy the filter! :laugh:
To OP, go buy a K&N filter cleaning kit. Read the instruction, it'll tell you what to do. Generally speaking, about once or twice a year depending on condition

Murderface

Reaction score
Most dry filters want u to just tap the filter against ur hand to get the dirt off of it. Like Grumpy said u don't EVER want to used compressed air to clean a filter. U can use warm water and a mild soap to clean the filter and then let it air dry

RRCanuck

Reaction score
I clean my dry filter in the sink with warm water from the inside out. If the filter doesnt show any damage then I wouldnt bother replacing it, just continue to clean it every couple of oil changes.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
you aren't supposed to spray them out with an air hose? i do that to mine if they look dirty lol it hasn't affected anything that i know of

roy365

Reaction score
Typically, they're clean until they're dirty. Lol it all depends man.

:rofl:

Too funny.

To the OP.
Well most CAI should last the lifetime of your truck and intake life if taken care of. Different filter media uses different forms of care. Just follow your guide from the MFR and you will be good.

I always tap the filter against the pavement, or a tree to get the big stuff out. Then wash, or clean them accordingly. I can see how dry filters could be harmed if you jammed an air hose against it and let it rip. You could separate the media and cause openings allowing dirt to enter. :thumbdown:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I wouldnt use a air hose, Id say tap it against ur hand or something softer then the ground for the big stuff and I would use warm water(NOT high pressure), and air dry! If you really wanted to use air, then I would use compressed air from a can (sold in computer stores) it has less pressure then from a compressor!

Top Bottom