Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alignment experiences with lowered X-runners?

silverbullet

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm at the point where I need to get tires changed and an alignment on my lowered X-runner. I'm just seeing if anyone has ever had a problem getting their lowered XR onto an alignment rack, or any type of post lift that some shops use for tire changing? Typically i've done all the work myself in my own garage at home so I have yet to have experience with a shop touching my XR.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I haven t personally had any issues getting my xrunner onto hoist with ss drop but that will soon change going to djm. Shops will have to be selected.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hopefully they have boards to put on the ramps of the rack so the angle of the ramps is not so steep..

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
Most alignment machines have long ramps on them and have adapters for them. I've never had any issues getting mine on a lift wit my sitting sic kit. I wouldn't be worried about getting it on the lift I'd be more worried about getting it aligned right. Make sure u pick a good reputable shop to do it.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
i agree i also look out for hunter alignment racks especially the new ones.

Coupe

Reaction score
The shop I go to, has boards that they place at the end of the ramps.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Thanks, this inspires a little more confidence in tire/alignment shops lol

justin13703

Reaction score
You might of put this in another thread but do you have the sittin sic, sos, or djm drop? Sittin sic and sos probably wont be too much of a problem because even with them our trucks are still higher than some cars. As long as you go to a good shop you should be fine.

BondXII

Reaction score
We take our X to the tire shop every 5000 miles to get our tires rotated/balanced and to have the alignment checked/tweaked. They have no issues with our drop (the drop formally known as Sittin Sic) when they do it. Their lift is pretty low profile and the ramps for the alignment machine are fairly long so no worries. When we do our on work, we drive up on some 2x10s that I cut to make sure that arms clear. I could do it without that, BUT they will rub a little and I rather not scratch it all up. Road rash does just fine with rocks and debris in that department. :thumbdown:

ultraxr

Reaction score
Here's my alignment specs after installing DJM up front.

2012-01-18_06-08-51_605.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
when i had new tires put on my X, the alignment shop I go to was able to get my SS front drop camber to -.4* for both sides. some shops will stop well before this mark and if they dont get it below -.7* ur gonna have inside tire wear over time

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Took my DJm to the dealer...got it dead on

Typically i go to a shop though that uses an alignment pit...nothing to drive up since its ground level...

On a side note too bad no one has made adjustable tie rod ends for the X...they have them for the GS300 and they fix that bumpsteer like butter

Last edited:

xrgilly

Reaction score
I've had mine up on lifts a number of times. They just need to put on diff pads so the lift hits the frame not the body kit

kwigs160966

Reaction score
i have a tough time finding a place to get allignments done around where i live cause not many people have lowerd trucks . i found a place that uses a bunch of 2X6's to get it on lol

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Took my DJm to the dealer...got it dead on

Typically i go to a shop though that uses an alignment pit...nothing to drive up since its ground level...

On a side note too bad no one has made adjustable tie rod ends for the X...they have them for the GS300 and they fix that bumpsteer like butter

2012-01-16191504.jpg

Shortend the tie rod mount and dropped about 1.5"s. this will help eliminate Any bump steer Caused by my drop.

Also increase steering stiffness, steering quickness and steering angle. More jdm drift action....:rockon:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
2012-01-16191504.jpg

Shortend the tie rod mount and dropped about 1.5"s. this will help eliminate Any bump steer Caused by my drop.

Also increase steering stiffness, steering quickness and steering angle. More jdm drift action....:rockon:

When you say steering stiffness, are talking about how "heavy" the steering wheel feels and "feel" given through the wheel?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
When you say steering stiffness, are talking about how "heavy" the steering wheel feels and "feel" given through the wheel?

Yessir. By shorting the amount of "leverage" the tie rod has on the spindle, you increase the effort needed to turn the wheels. Steering weight will in turn increase.

my power steering pump will take a shit soon as it will be working harder, with 150k miles. Good thing I got an extra... All this will be tested on Friday and results will be posted shortly after.:top:

Top Bottom