Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amp locations

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
So I am getting ready to install all my stereo.....my brother spoiled me for Christmas...... and I have my Sub-X enclosure.......... but I have spent forever trying to find amp locations

where is everyone putting their amps? Mine is too big to go in the storage under the seats...... there is no air flow down their anyways.......

and if I put it under my drivers seat....is anyone bolting the amp down....please help

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I have always screwed the amp down to the floor. Not gonna move around too much. Run the wires through the split where the seat harness comes through.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Mine is located under the driver seat. I didn't bolt it down tho but it shouldn't move around because my Husky mats sorta keep it in place.

Under driver seat because the battery is located on the driver side and that is where I ran my wires also.

Disconnect the battery if you plan on removing the driver's seat. Not sure if you have a side airbag or not but you probably don't want to set that off. KABOOM!

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Dont think it has a side airbag on 2007 but i know 2009 models do. I mean screw down to the carpet basicaly, not bolt to the floor

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
If you really didnt want to screw the amp down you could always try some good velcro. A couple of two inch wide strips down the amp should prevent it from moving unless it was seriously kicked

rich017

Reaction score
Using a small self-tapping screw to hold them to the carpet is the best way. You never see the holes, even when the amp is removed.
I have both my amps under the seats

The Cadence is on the driver side for the sub and a Diamond Audio on the other.

20438_1337958490530_1278169057_999859_4999409_n.jpg

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I have mine under the seats. Just for the heads up there will be some slight modifications needed on the passenger and for me the driver seat. I had to use a little cut off wheel and it took probably 20 mins. Good luck with the install. Depending on your amp's depth on the passenger side you will either have to cut this bar off or turn it upside down.
100_0402.jpg

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have to do that, you might wanna try to flip the bar upside-down. I cut the bar off and the seat was just a tad bit wobbly without it in there

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Under the drivers seat, get some velcro and use the hard part only and stick it on the under side of the amp. It'll grab hold of the carpet just like the other piece of velcro would. Won't go anywhere.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Under the drivers seat, get some velcro and use the hard part only and stick it on the under side of the amp. It'll grab hold of the carpet just like the other piece of velcro would. Won't go anywhere.

That is exactly what I did.

CBRBob

Reaction score
I have one under each seat, metal brackets to the seat bolts so they can't be 'ripped out'.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Thanks Guys...I appericate the help...... I will take pictures.....wont be anything special.......Didnt even think of velco.......... Thanks again for all the help.....

Clewis333

Reaction score
Driver's seat for mine, but i'm about to put my sub (and amp) in and i'm gonna put the amp under the passenger seat.

Top Bottom