Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amp Turn on

elitecloud

Reaction score
Ok, i want to install my amp + subs without changing the stock head unit, so i know i'll need to get a LOC.

my real question is what wire should i tap into the stock HU for the remote wire? or should i buy the $50 dollar LOC that has a remote wire already built into it so i don't have to run any more wires than i have to?

Anyone had any experience with the LOC from Ultimate Eletronics?

elitecloud

Reaction score
ok, i bought a 30 dollar LOC, without a built in remote, i just need to know what wire i need to tap into please

or i can just tap into the cigarette lighter one i guess, works the same.

Jonathan

Reaction score
there is one around there that is the acc power. if you have a multimeter then you can find it. took me about 15 mintues but i found one although i dont recall what one it was.

elitecloud

Reaction score
well i just tapped into the red comming out of the stock cd player, tested it with the amp wired into the battery and the ground comming off the battery and all comes on with the radio hooked up and installed, it shuts down when the key is removed, so i'm happy with it thus far...

now i have to run the remote wire down to the kick panel from the radio, which is gonna be fun, then install the amp power wire from the battery, and route that all the way back, then ground then the LOC from the 2 back speakers, all that and i go to work in 30 minutes muhaha

Stevenredx

Reaction score
well i just tapped into the red comming out of the stock cd player, tested it with the amp wired into the battery and the ground comming off the battery and all comes on with the radio hooked up and installed, it shuts down when the key is removed, so i'm happy with it thus far...

now i have to run the remote wire down to the kick panel from the radio, which is gonna be fun, then install the amp power wire from the battery, and route that all the way back, then ground then the LOC from the 2 back speakers, all that and i go to work in 30 minutes muhaha

You better hurry to get all of that done in 30 mins :laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Hey killer, the only dumb question is the un asked question. That is how you learn and what we're here for, silly.

Killer??? you need to slow down on the jello shotters :laugh:

lenie03

Reaction score
no killer is a term i picked up in the army, i us it in place of dude now:laugh:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
wow I remember that and it sucked.. running my RCA and remote wires down from the radio was a pain, I broke my first set of RCA cables trying to pry them through a little hole so I had to start over.. :frown:
but have fun, I also did the same thing when hooking up my remote wire and its been working for almost a year

elitecloud

Reaction score
I'M SO HAPpy I goT It instALLED!!11

and it works like a glove, i must have spent 6 hours on it, in the shop in arizona, i've sweated like 10lbs out i swear....:)

i have the LOC about 3/4 the way turned up, and the gain on the amp like 1/4 - 1/2 the way turned up, and it slams something vicious.. :) if i turned the gain up it might just pop the speakers muhaha

Well i'm outtie, sofaking tired, i work graveyard hehe just got off work.....fug i'm tired..

later guys

trd_sport

Reaction score
Well i'm outtie, sofaking tired, i work graveyard hehe just got off work.....fug i'm tired..

later guys
That's SofaKing Cool:rock:
sofa_king.jpg

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
For anyone who needs to know there are 2 thin grey wires on the back of the HU. Use a multimeter and test. But I will garuntee you will get sick of that quick. I had the best loc you can get made by Navone, sounded bad ass but the limitations of the HU suck!

Any one want to buy a used Navone LOC? :biggrin:

IMG_0109.jpg

BSPX

Reaction score
the red wire behind the radio is the passenger rear positive speaker wire. Are you talking about the red wire at the cig lighter?

Top Bottom