Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amp???

jokerschild275

Reaction score
i love forums lol. i work for a high end car audio shop. I have taken jl amps out and put in a crossfire that was rated at the same power and a cheaper amp. and not only does it have more power than the jl but its cleaner power. They are our low line of amps and speakers. which is really about middle of the line but its the lowest we carry. To the 2 guys that said zapco. they are some of the best amps out there. a little pricey but well worth it. and sorry to the guy that said crutchfield they dont have a clue about car audio. they sell amps and subs that they can make alot of money off of. for example cheap product. if you want real advice go to a good car audio shop and ask your questions there. btw rockford, kicker, and jl are not the way to go. they used to be the sshhiitt but now they are made in china. as far as amps go if you can by them at cruchfield, best buy or any other big retailer they are not the way to go. hope this helps you.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
joker,great advice,but not going to need 1250watts of power in my Xrunner.tried onlinecarstereo outta the left coast that lists all the high end gear.It turned out to be a bait and switch operation and had to file complaint thru paypal to get them to refund my cash back.took a week.I went with crutchfield because of the service and its a right coast dealer 2 days shipping from me in fl.they were very knowledgable and helpful.and priced good.that matters to me more than bragging rights!:top:

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
I was thinking about some crossfire amps. Where is a good online place to order?

bcutshall

Reaction score
i have 2 zapco reference amps for sale if anyone is interested. PM me for more details. one is a 350.2 and the other is a 500.1. both are small and can fit under the seats or in the cubby storage.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
ok joker...

so what are the good amps?

tell me not though..
rockford amps are better than jl amps right?

and to the guy who said jl amps are under rated...
rockford amps are highly under rated

Bobby B

Reaction score
I have taken jl amps out and put in a crossfire

My first "good" amp was a Crossfire BMF 1000d Mono bass amp. that was a powerful amp and it was not that big. I have a good friend that works for Crossfire his name is Juan H. He is the main man in the tech department, and a great guy!
The nice thing about JL amps is that they really are designed to work very well with thier own subs. I think if your goal is to have some nice sounding tunes JL is a great product for the consumer.
If your a audiophile such as myself or you want to compete in a DB drag, then would certainly look at some different options.
It really helps to have a shop with a solid reputation to help you meet your audio needs/goals.

jokerschild275

Reaction score
joker,great advice,but not going to need 1250watts of power in my Xrunner.tried onlinecarstereo outta the left coast that lists all the high end gear.It turned out to be a bait and switch operation and had to file complaint thru paypal to get them to refund my cash back.took a week.I went with crutchfield because of the service and its a right coast dealer 2 days shipping from me in fl.they were very knowledgable and helpful.and priced good.that matters to me more than bragging rights!:top:

they make smaller amps. lol. its not about bragging rights for me either. i want it to sound good. everything i have is hidden. i have 1 treo te 12 behind my consol that fires downward and a zapco digital 500.1. that is in the cubby hole under the seat. i dont like buying electronics of any kind off line is my biggest deal. too likely to be screwed like you were once already.

jokerschild275

Reaction score
ok joker...

so what are the good amps?

tell me not though..
rockford amps are better than jl amps right?

and to the guy who said jl amps are under rated...
rockford amps are highly under rated

If its made in the usa its usually a good amp if not the best. if its made in china its almost always a pos.

crossfire, treo, and zapco are what i deal with every day and they are all awesome

as far as jl / rockford it depends on year of production and if its this year i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.

jokerschild275

Reaction score
Joker, what do you think of Concept Amps?

i never seen one so i dont know. i looked one up on line and from its apperance it looked good. but i would have to take one apart to beable to really tell you anyhting. also hear hwat one sounded like.

Bobby B

Reaction score
Any Arc Audio XXK series are on par with Zapco! The engineer who designed Zapco amps and made them so awesome is the same guy who engineered Arc and the XXK line is his baby. His name is Robert Zeff, you get Zapco quality for less money. The the only downfall with Zapco and Arc that I have found is they need gobs of power, the Crossfire BMF D class amps do not. IMO dollar for dollar Crossfire is a bargain but a tad noisy @ 1ohm. But for bass that is not too critical.
It's too easy to make a loud and boomy POS system, but to make a loud and crystal clear sounding systems takes some planning and some xtra money. I was shocked as hell the first time I sat in car that was only pushing 500 watts but they were 500 extremly clean watts and it knocked my socks off! This car was a pure SQ (Sound Quality) competition car soooooo nice! From that day on I was done with big boom bass and now tight clean and punchy is for me!
Take your time and do your homework a little extra money spent now will pay off down the road, I have sunk thousands and thousands in car audio systems. In almost every car I've owned and have learned some hard lessons by not doing my homework.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
i dont know anything about amps ... but this is off the discussion ... but deals with a amp ...

i found a 4 channel amp in my room ... it was my friends ... his dumb A$$ forgot about it ... what can i use a 4 CH for ... :frown:

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
you can use a 4 channel to power your door speakers
or you can use it to power some subwoofers
i would suggest using it for your components or coaxials

Natas

Reaction score
I've always liked US Amps. I've been using my sub amp for about 9 years now. I don't know how their new products are, but the older ones are rock solid.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
you can use a 4 channel to power your door speakers
or you can use it to power some subwoofers
i would suggest using it for your components or coaxials

oh oka koo! ... so i can use it to power my doors ... thats a reliefe ... all i need is to by another amp to power my sub ... thanks!:top:

Top Bottom