Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amplifier on Passenger Side

Outburst

Reaction score
So I'm putting a second amplifier for my future sub below the passenger seat. And I know I read somewhere about the bar below the passenger seat.

Obviously there isn't enough clearance without taking out the bar.. So how do some people put two amps, both below the driver and passenger seat?

I also have a very newbie question... How do you guys mount the amp to the carpet of the truck?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
So I'm putting a second amplifier for my future sub below the passenger seat. And I know I read somewhere about the bar below the passenger seat.

Obviously there isn't enough clearance without taking out the bar.. So how do some people put two amps, both below the driver and passenger seat?

I also have a very newbie question... How do you guys mount the amp to the carpet of the truck?

I cut the bar out. Its pretty easy and I haven't found any disadvantages of cutting it out.

I used velcro pads and stuck the amps there and it works awesome. I'll get some picks for you when I can.

100_0402-1.jpg

100_0401-1.jpg

100_0404-1.jpg

Thats the bar you need to cut. Some people flipped it upside down but I forget who did it. Hope it helped

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
You can cut the bar out or just unbolt it and flip it upside down then put back on.

I have my jl 500/1 under my driver seat with self tapping screws. I didn't screw it into the cab just the carpet so it doesn't move. It holds up great

Chasbo

Reaction score
I flipped that bar upside down, and then velcroed my amp to the carpet. It worked out great.

If you are going mess with the bar, keep in mind it's a Torx head (a pretty big one). I just drove to Autozone, walked out to my truck to find the one that fit and bought it.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Depending on the height of your amp, you may not need to remove it.

To attach the amp, you can get metal strips, nut/bolt to the corners of the amps and to the seat bolts. That way no one can just 'rip' it out.

Slay0r

Reaction score
look on page 3 of the Chiper seat feeler thread. I posted pix on how i have mine (w/o removing the bar)

Outburst

Reaction score
awesome you guys. thanks for answering all the questions. :top: Now time to meet up with a fellow XRU member.

Outburst

Reaction score
Thanks again bro on helping me out with the DTRL and foglight mod.
Not a problem! :top:

So I have another question for you guys....

Knowing that I have an 8AWG power cable to my current 4ch amp, is there any way I can use a distribution box to power my other amp using the same 8AWG power cable? Or is it better to convert to a 4AWG and use a distribution box from there. Or maybe take two 8AWG cables and power the amps seperately.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
You definitely want to go bigger from the batt to the distribution block. Depending on the size of amps you may even want to go to 2 AWG and split it from there.

Not a problem! :top:

So I have another question for you guys....

Knowing that I have an 8AWG power cable to my current 4ch amp, is there any way I can use a distribution box to power my other amp using the same 8AWG power cable? Or is it better to convert to a 4AWG and use a distribution box from there. Or maybe take two 8AWG cables and power the amps seperately.

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
i just put in an amp under my passenger seat, it was a huge pain with that bar but i got it under there. so you might not have to cut it just play with it

Outburst

Reaction score
You definitely want to go bigger from the batt to the distribution block. Depending on the size of amps you may even want to go to 2 AWG and split it from there.
Thanks for the quick response!

This honestly might be turning out of my comfort zone. Ahah. I'm getting scared thinking about this project.

Is it okay if I do two 8AWG coming out of my positive terminal of the battery?

Last edited:

CBRBob

Reaction score
@awg from Batt to block, then 4awg to amps

Top Bottom