Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amsoil baby ftw

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
THANKS XRU.....MY 2012 X WITH 5,000 MILES JUST GOT HER AMSOIL CONVERSION AND I HAVE TO SAY ALTHOUGH MY TRUCK IS BRAND NEW I STILL FELT THE DIFFERENCE AND NOW MY SHIFTING FEELS LIKE A HOT KNIFE CUTTING BUTTER....SCREW MY FOUR FREE OIL CHANGES FROM TOYOTA....THE MONEY IS DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY PENNY

Aloha

SooRunner

Reaction score
THANKS XRU.....MY 2012 X WITH 5,000 MILES JUST GOT HER AMSOIL CONVERSION AND I HAVE TO SAY ALTHOUGH MY TRUCK IS BRAND NEW I STILL FELT THE DIFFERENCE AND NOW MY SHIFTING FEELS LIKE A HOT KNIFE CUTTING BUTTER....SCREW MY FOUR FREE OIL CHANGES FROM TOYOTA....THE MONEY IS DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY PENNY

Aloha

Wow you seem very excited, I hope you didn't go in your pants with all those CAPS TYPING! :laugh:

I'm not sure but you should ask/look into about the break in period of a new motor before you put in amsoil fluid...:biggrin:

aaronc7

Reaction score
5000 miles on the motor is plenty to be broken in, dont worry about it, just enjoy the truck

(damn caps lock didnt work for me)

xrgilly

Reaction score
this is on my list of things to do
just gotta figure out what all i need

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Yeah just had my caps lock on but i was just excited because never understood why people were all for amsoil but now i know......

o5oldblue

Reaction score
You are right on the free oil changes. The dealer called me on my 2012 and I don't want them anywhere near my vehicles

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I use Amsoil, then it is the Racing Dominator Blend. Has a very high content of ZDDP. Helps protect wear surfaces on a microscopic level.

dramad1

Reaction score
If you swap oil using amsoil then is it still okay to use factory oil filter or would you recommend using the amsoil filter? I seen a thread a while back about comparing oil filters and it saying Toyota filter was better or equivalent to most aftermarket filters. Just curious

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I know! I bought oem filters, they are good and they were on sell! Vut if u go amsoil u can just go longer between ur filters? So i plan on just using the oem filters i bought, and then prob switch to the amsoil ones! But then again, on our trucks its not like its hard to get to the oil filter haha XD, gotta love toyota engineering(only took them long enough to make the filter easier to get to)

TacomaGus

Reaction score
i do like running Mobil 1 full synthetic, but everyone really seems to love the amsoil stuff. Too bad I can't find it anywhere around here so i'd have to order online

SouthEastTuner

Reaction score
I feel like converting to amsoil is not worth the hassle for the few hp it frees up and how expensive it is.

Top Bottom