Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any Cowl Hoods out there for our X's??

Scarface

Reaction score
So what's the finished product going to resemble?

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Get a stock flat hood and use clay and scuplt the scoop on top of the hood and make a mold. Then make the style hood out of CarbonFiber or Fiberglass . I think it would be easier to manufacture that way ... Or maybe I just watch too much TV when Chip Foose is working his magic lol

STONER-X

Reaction score
Get a stock flat hood and use clay and scuplt the scoop on top of the hood and make a mold. Then make the style hood out of CarbonFiber or Fiberglass . I think it would be easier to manufacture that way ... Or maybe I just watch too much TV when Chip Foose is working his magic lol

playdo body kits... YES!!!! ,jk.... im on the same page as you lol...

MplsX

Reaction score
I can understand a cowl hood for clearance issues with an unusual aftermarket supercharger, but there probably will not be any performance advantage. OK, you might get a very slight engine cooling effect, but our engines breathe from the front. It's not like we have a cowl induction 1970 Chevelle. Of course you you think a huge lump on your truck hood is stylish then do it!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
In that case, you could always do a recessed scoop:

Recessed_Scoop.jpg

MplsX

Reaction score
That looks very nice! Not outrageous and it wouldn't block the drivers vision.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yes i do love this look, i tell you though i'm not a fan of CT either. i got on there once, posted maybe twice... This guy though is a local to Nc it would be nice to get him to do this. He said all we need is 5 guys to do a group buy on it. 499 a hood per person. I need to contemplate starting a group buy.

Remember that if u want to have a group buy on XRU the guy making the hood would need to become a vendor in order for it to become a reality. I tell u though I would really love a different hood then what came on here stock....I can't stand the look of the stock hood let alone it's not even functional:thumpdown: Hopefully if this does happen, it won't be for a couple of months that way I can save up some cash for the 50% down payment he said he needs. As long as I can make that happen I'll be 100% in on the cowl induction group buy:blurock: I know I had a guy mention that he could make me a cowl induction hood but I forget how much he said. I did get to see one of his fiberglass cowl hoods on a 69 Chevelle and the fitment was dead on. I know someone who's friends with the guy who owns the chevelle so maybe I'd be able to ask him to ask the fabricator how much for a hood.
Shit I'd even have to find a way to put some gauges inside the cowl opening on the left hand side.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see where it goes

BTW I'm located in South Jersey across from Philadelphia Pa

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Could always swap out with a non-scoop hood and cut a hole in the side quarter panel (like installing a snorkel) and putting on a small scoop or louvers to run it into the stock air hole behind it.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I think it would be cool to have a hood like on the C6R race car. might be functional, too, since it might be behind the fan.

azburnin

Reaction score
Well i just PM'd the guy on CT again, i hope he changes his path and comes over to XRU there is a much more defined market out here. The one thing though is he only needs five dudes. So perhaps if one of BSP06XRU's photoshops is selected we as a group can get this dude to make one. Hopes and dreams though.

Top Bottom