Any pics of stripped down XRUNNER???

Discussion in 'Stock Exterior' started by Lindsay_Lohan, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

[​IMG]

After two crashes(pictured here is the first) I have come to a conclusion that my Lindsay Lohan is trying to kill me. I am really thinking about ditching the body kit. Stripping it down and having it looking STDish. I was wondering if anybody has pictures of all the holes I would have showing if I did pull off all of the pieces off? It would be welcomed. I have nearly a full set. My last accident left me with a broken door and scratches on the driver side bottom piece(can't seem to think of what the name of it was, slow day). I have only 40k miles on the 06' taco. I really need it out this summer and I can't stand that the body kit is falling off so I think it would just be better if I took it off.

LMK of any of your suggestions. Thanks.

2. metalpeddler88

metalpeddler88 New Member

First, welcome to the underground. :smile:
    Second, sorry to hear 'bout the accidents. :frown:

In my opinion, I think most of the appeal of the X-Runner is the body kit. It just looks sportier, for a truck anyway. But if you have to keep fixing it up, then it'll cost a few bucks in the end. I don't have any pictures of the kit off, but I'd imagine it'd look like a normal Tacoma, just lowered, with holes. If you really want to ditch the kit, then I am sure some bondo, and paint could help all the holes, just probably couldn't put the kit back on.

If it were me, I'd tone up on my defensive driving skills, and keep the kit. Either that, or just drive a beater truck/ car. :rolleyez:

3. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

The kit already has some gaps in it after they fitted it back on from the first accident. The second time I had the accident I was too careless in the snow with my snow tire equipped truck doing drifts in parking lots.

I love the kit but I can live without it. Annoying rattles and upkeep keeps me from saying no to taking it off.

One question is, How much does the kit weigh all together? Maybe get a little performance out of it.

4. Clifford

Clifford because race truck

Just fix it man, I know and share in your pain, if you take the time (and have the right help) You can get it to fit like stock again.

5. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

Would there only be holes on the sides of the front bumper and behind the accescab on the bed????????

6. Jwall

Jwall Active Member

s.o.a.b... sorry to hear that man. ya just fix it up, just about all of us have been there.

welcome to the underground.

7. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

[​IMG]SO I did a little paint and I think this is how it would look like with holes. LMK if you know about any other hole I should know about.

OH snap I forgot there was holes all around the fender for the flares too.

#7 Lindsay_Lohan, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  8. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

I think you need to stop crashing your truck b4 you think about anything else lol

9. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

Well thanks for the advice. Much needed.

10. BrotherMurderface

Is it her trying to kill u or is it urself trying to kill her?

11. P05X

P05X "Wicked Pissah"

Talk to brakingbad hes missing his kit Sewell, oh welcome to the underground.

12. Braking Bad

Braking Bad Member

My x is black so I don't notice the holes so much. If you search for a thread called all wheel drive looking x runner I posted pics of all the holes for another member.

13. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

Good food for thought. Lol but I loved her. Even gave her snow tires with steelies for winter. I gave her everything!!!!!!

Thanks I will.

#13 Lindsay_Lohan, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  14. Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Active Member

keeping the kit off isn't going to stop the way it handles........ personally i would just fix it

15. widdoz runner

widdoz runner New Member

Imho I hate how it looks with out the kit theres a rr x out here without it and the flares look retarded then after they took them off it was just looking incomplete or lacking.... just my opinion

16. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

17. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

I completely agree I think they look horrible with the body kit removed. Just fix it and stop texting and driving lol. If the body kit is loose or rattles then there are probably clips missing or broken. There are ways to fix a loose body kit the are way easier and cheaper than pulling the whole kit off, filling all the holes and getting a bunch of the truck re painted.

18. widdoz runner

widdoz runner New Member

Epoxy ftw lol

19. Lindsay_Lohan

Lindsay_Lohan New Member

Thanks BSPO6XRU for the link and not bashing me on my accidents. Even though it was my fault, who wouldn't hoon the **** out of the truck. Oh wait you don't. Yeah Yeah Nazi Speed Police.

@justin13703 - I was thinking about going another route let us say a unique look. Even though we Xr owners come far and few in between, I still want my vision of my own car. I had an old 91' Honda Prelude 4ws and they were fun, rare, beautiful looking cars. I had history with that ****er but it was mine. The times where I almost gave up fixing that car and just buying a new one. No I made it alive again. I want to do the same to my Lindsay. I think I have a issue with being different. LOL

20. Braking Bad

Braking Bad Member

Heres some pictures. Might throw the other wheels on it later and repost.

I left the flares on cut the excess and painted the cut ends.

Attached Files: