Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone cableless?

STONER-X

Reaction score
I have been fighting with myself for the past few months over getting rid of my cable. ...

I have a buddy that does everything through amazon prime, Netflix and other Internet based services...He said the most he spends is about $60 and month for his tv-ing including Internet... that is about $700 a year

I spend about $170 a month for cable and Internet. .. that is about $2000 a year!!!!

Just wondering who here has "cut the cord" and has gone to pure Internet based TV? ?

Reaction score
I got rid of all my movie channels and bought a Chromecast to make my tv hook up to my phone wirelessly. Now I download movies and tv shows on my phone for free on Pirate Bay and save $60 a month. No need for Netflix or Redbox. :rockon:.....not sure I could totally get rid of my cable cause I don't think I would get my local sports teams games,and I ain't havin that.

Gadget

Reaction score
This is can become a very interesting thread. I am going sit back and watch how this develops....

G

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I haven't had cable for almost 3 years. I pirate anything I want to watch and as far as watching sports I either go to the local sports bar, or I have a few hacked account names and passwords for certain satellite tv providers.

Reaction score
I haven't had cable for almost 3 years. I pirate anything I want to watch and as far as watching sports I either go to the local sports bar, or I have a few hacked account names and passwords for certain satellite tv providers.

Then I'd be at the bar everyday....fun but not cost effective

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
There are a few websites out there where you can stream any sporting event.

Gadget

Reaction score
Then I'd be at the bar everyday....fun but not cost effective

Bars can be very cost effective if you work it right.

When I was a rookie cop, I could not afford to feed myself. All my money went to rent. So, I would go to the local pub for happy hour, buy one beer and raid the taco bar. That is how I survived until I could start working overtime. Just have to know your limits and respect them.

G

Reaction score
Bars can be very cost effective if you work it right.

When I was a rookie cop, I could not afford to feed myself. All my money went to rent. So, I would go to the local pub for happy hour, buy one beer and raid the taco bar. That is how I survived until I could start working overtime. Just have to know your limits and respect them.

G
I wish I could G,I have what some might consider a knowing my limits problem. I do agree with the happy hour thing tho.place right up the street does free pasta and roast beef sandwiches,can't beat that.

STONER-X

Reaction score
As it is now I don't watch too much TV I know I could make it.... The woman is saying NO WAY!! She watches all of those real housewife crappie shows lol. .. I know between amazon and torrent sites she would only have to wait a day to watch them... I just can't get her to understand that part of it...

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I have'nt had cable for a few years now, no regrets. I use the roku 3 with netflix and hulu.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No cable. Amazon prime, Netflix, or other. Call me lazy, but I fan get most of the stuff the the Xbox. Since I don't watch much t.v., it works perfectly.

Top Bottom