Anyone Scuba Dive???

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Discussions' started by lostrunner, Mar 28, 2009.

1. lostrunner

lostrunner New Member

Just thinking I had not seen any one talk about Diving. Did not know if any one on here did. I Live near Pensacola FL and the diving is pretty good. We have no real reefs but we have a lot of artificial reef ( Ships plane's tanks ect.. ) So I figured I would see if any one else did it. If so wanted to see if you had any vids. I just got a camera last year, it does not shot great but it does what I want it to. Just curios! here is one video I loaded from last year. This is a barge we spearfish alot. I will try anfd find some of the cave dives we did last year to. If you got a video or pic post them up..:top::top:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUjOsTQtb8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQ_sRm3gxE

#1 lostrunner, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

I scuba dive and free dive ever since I was a little boy...:biggrin: got my certification with Padi for scuba diving and deep sea diving...:top: tons of fun...

I don't got any videos of us diving but got tons of photos of the catch we caught...I don't have them in Vegas but my parents will be up here in 2 1/2 weeks and can ask them to bring some photos for me that way I can upload the pictures to share with you guys...

3. lostrunner

lostrunner New Member

That is awsome I have done it for about three years and love it. Ya if you can get them I would like to check them out, I have some more videos and pics I will try and post later. Never have done free diving but seems cool. :rock:

4. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

free diving is a lot more fun than scuba...:rockon: you learn how to increase your lung capacity and gain tons of core strength...in my prime I was able to dive 60-80 feet and stay down on the bottom for a minute or two before coming to the surface...

I was always taught with spear fishing and using an spear gun (Riffe...:top:) to only shoot what you are going to eat and never take more than what you need. So I am very picky at what I shoot and I always or actually usually go with the biggest fish that I see.

These are some of the fish I typical look for when spear fishing...

Menpachi (squirrel fish) - fried, steamed, or soup
    [​IMG]

Aweoweo (also squirrel fish) - fried, steamed, or soup
    [​IMG]

Uhu (Parrot Fish) - steamed or baked
    [​IMG]

Yellow Eyed Kole (Tang) - good when fried
    [​IMG]

but my favorite and hardest to dive and hunt for...Ulua
    [​IMG]

oh yeah...can't forget the delicious of life...

Spiny Lobster
    [​IMG]

Slipper Lobster
    [​IMG]

7-11 Crab
    [​IMG]

Tako (Octopus)
    [​IMG]

5. braves011

braves011 "Crouching Tiger"

i got certified through the boy scouts when i was a teen (about 5 years ago) we did all our training and stuff in this big ass pool that was 18ft deep. i have never gotten to put it to use though, but always wanted too

6. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

I'm certified by NAUI, but have not gone diving in a long time.:thumpdown:

7. kellerm4

kellerm4 New Member

I'm certified...went to bonaire (diving capital of the world) last year...pretty amazing reefs and wildlife down there. ill try to get my brother to send me some pictures to post up

8. pumo420

pumo420 New Member

i have a certified beginer certificate and working on my advance that i never finished but scuba diving is amazing i love it i want to do more dive's we should try and get one dive meet it would be cool.

9. the backpack

the backpack New Member

certified through NAUI about 9 years ago

I loooooooove wreck dives

used to dive in Cozumel, the Bahamas, and the florida keys

my dad was my dive partner and he died about 4 years ago, so i haven't gone in awhile

10. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

we should get a XR Meet together where we just go and dive...:biggrin: Mexico or something...how does that sound?

11. the backpack

the backpack New Member

that sounds sweet

12. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

I try to scubadive a few times a week. :smile: