Anyone still around?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by dj_lucas840, Sep 27, 2017.

1. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

We all do!

blu xr likes this.
  2. *IrunnIt*

*IrunnIt* Active Member

Can't find the incognito emoji!

3. hapamulan

hapamulan Member

I'm relatively new here but not new to the XR. I'm on my 2nd one and have a small pile of parts that I'd love to get some help with so I can learn how to DIY some of these installs. One of these days I'll get around to a build thread. She's close to stock but my first major mod was impressive, a full repaint in an Aston Martin color with lots of flake because I'm girly like that

blu xr, madtrucker and mejbro like this.
  4. XeddeX

XeddeX Member

I'm a lurker on here and more active on Tacomaworld mainly because I visit TW 10:1 compared to Xru.

Tacomaworld doesnt have a lot for the xrunner but they aren't just a group of armored 4x4s. It's more of a smashup of the 6luggers in different form. Eg. PreRunners, 4x4s, Expos, Overlanders, speed junkies, etc...

Lots of early adopters of aftermarket camshafts, stroker kits, custom headers, and pioneers of supercharger peripherals on the 1GR.

If you guys are into aftermarket performance or supercharger stuff, TW is a wealth of knowledge. And besides... @Torspd is very active there!

5. Seamless

Seamless Member

That sounds cool, lets see it! .....posting pics takes some labor tho so here are the steps:
    The uploader doesn't work so you have to use a 3rd party host and then the insert link tool. I'm using imgbb.com , upload photo, select embed codes, copy BBCode medium linked, paste code into here using link tool.

hapamulan likes this.
  6. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

I'm stilll here and come here everyday and miss the good 'ol days and miss my X.
    I have Murderface's XRU commemorative decal at home where I see it daily and get updates on his Legacy guest book... his mom's entries break my heart.
    It may not be as busy as back then, but I am glad that XRU is still here!

7. Click

Click Member

I drop in to check new posts. Still have my X. It's dead in the PNW section too. I used to post about beer just to keep it going.

Edgeman and blu xr like this.
  8. madtrucker

madtrucker Well-Known Member

Well it's good to hear from you guys. I love this site. The trucks are so cool. They deserve their own site. It's not just a Tacoma, it's an X-Runner!

Edgeman, mejbro and GABRIEL like this.
  9. Seamless

Seamless Member

I daily mine so I have a first hand account that love still exists for these trucks. Multiple times a week random people in traffic, gas stations, parking lots etc will make a comment or ask questions. I had some lumber in the back the other day and a guy in a new dodge ram starts honking in traffic. Im thinking ah crap something fell out the back...lower my window and he's like "thats badass bro! " lol. My GF says I light up when strangers are into truck stuff.

10. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Kudos are much deserved to you and your X. Thank you for keeping the X-Runner new and relevant with your fresh build!

blu xr and Seamless like this.
  11. madtrucker

I get a lot of that too. People ask me how much I paid for the body kit. I get the thumbs up or "nice truck" at the stoplight. It is a a good feeling.

Edgeman and Seamless like this.
  12. GABRIEL

GABRIEL New Member

I cant believe people dont know the truck come stock like this. I haven't done anything to mine. Did upgrade to the isf rotors and tundra calipers. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the rear to get rid of the leafs.

13. madtrucker

I know I feel like telling them that I had it custom made and I put all on myself. So what a four link or something?

blu xr likes this.
  14. GABRIEL

GABRIEL New Member

4 link but really want an irs. Anything to get it to handle better

blu xr likes this.
  15. Seamless

Seamless Member

Heck yea. But I also like the rarity, if x-runners were all over I prob wouldnt be into it as much, but tacomas in general are great. A few other of my odd ball fav cars are the vw carrado and porsche 944. The plan is t0 have a good size shop at my next house where I can have a lingering build :D

16. Seamless

Seamless Member

IRS would be awesome, but of course some custom work involved. If you can find the appropriate wrecked donor vehicle to chop the guts out of (honda ridgeline???) is a good start. However if you want something more bolt on a mild 2" drop will improve things alot.... before I lowered mine I would get tons of axle hop and would spin out EASY. After the drop (s.o.s kit) those issues went away. Now that I added wide sticky tires and double adjustable shocks in the rear if feels very stable, and I drive pretty hard. Im doing front coils next. The big brake swap is a key upgrade, how do you like it?

blu xr likes this.
  17. blu xr

blu xr Member

im here 2 or more times a week.

xr threads are slow over on tw too, but i did start this thread a while back. drop by some time...

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/x-runners-gather-here.689736/

18. blu xr

blu xr Member

she has an amazing looking xr...

i told her she needed to start a thread after seeing the pics of her ride she sent me a while back.

she is doing things right and trying to use the best parts. the xr is being tastefully modded.

hapamulan likes this.
  19. Edgeman

Edgeman Active Member

Custom work is required for a 4-link too. That also needs research on where to place the bars for the best handling. I've seen Ian do 4-link setups for his off road vehicles, and there's definitely a lot that goes into the design.

20. blu xr

blu xr Member