[August 2009] Top Ride Nominations

Discussion in 'Top Ride Nominations' started by K2, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the nomination thread forTop Ride of the Month, August 2009.

Please note the TROTM Nomination Guidelines here:
    http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=27597

Nominations will be accepted until the 30th of June 2009.

When nominating please post the Members XRU Username, a short reason why you think that member deserves TROTM, and a link to any photos or additional information (garage, etc) that may help people learn more about the owner. If the staff feels that a nomination post is too promotional it will be edited accordingly.

Any nominations without an XRU Username and reason for nomination will NOT be entered into the poll. Please ensure that your nomination is in the format:

Originally Posted by Sample Nomination
    XRU Member: XRU Username
    Reason for Nomination: Not Nominated. This is an example nomination.
    Photos
    : http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2&sort=1 - this must be clickable

When seconding a nomination, please ensure that you use the same post for the maximum of 3 allowed seconds. Any seconds not located in your first seconding post will not be counted. Please also ensure that you quote the nomination post you are seconding in your post (Use Multi-Quote Option if you are nomination multiple boards). If there is no nomination quoted then the post will be ignored when the nominations are counted.

Any seconds for a truck that has not been nominated yet will be counted as null and void.

Please posts only nominations or seconds, no "Thank you" posts are needed, they clutter the thread and will be deleted.

Any queries regarding the TROTM Contests should be sent via PM to K2 or an administrator.

Best of luck to all nominees!

Here are the nominees and amount of votes so far:

1. X-Travagent (Jason) - 9
    2. Xrunnit (Jason) - 5
    3. Vince77 (Kevin) - 14
    4. BlackCat (Kevin) - 8
    5. VenomousX (Donny) - 2

#1 K2, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
  2. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

Since this is a new thing I'm going to post a sample here. This is not an actual submission:

XRU Member: K2

Reason for Nomination: He has been part of XRU since the beginning and has worked very hard to bring the community together; through organizing and attending meets to designing and offering X-Runner Underground merchandise for everyone to sport. : )

Photos: Here is a link to K2's photo gallery
    http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2&sort=1

[​IMG]

3. Venomous_X

Venomous_X Active Member

Ok, I will be the first I suppose. Seing as I cannot nominate myself for my own reasons and of coruse rules and regulations, I will push for the nominations of the following::

Jason(x-travagant)
    [​IMG]
    - So what if his truck doesn't run. He sells some great Hid's and is always such a hoot to read his posts.

#3 Venomous_X, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  4. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

You can only nominate one member per nomination thread. I know this is new so no biggie --- please edit and correct.

5. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

Since this is a new thing for XRU I am posting this as an example. If I wanted to second Jason's truck I would do it like this:

Seconded.

6. VaBchXRunner

VaBchXRunner "The Bargain Baron"

I third this nomination

#6 VaBchXRunner, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
  7. Clokwrk

Clokwrk New Member

Not sure if he can be nominated or if it's already in the works but...

XRU Name - XRunnIt (Jason)

Reason - While he lived here in Vegas I personally got to witness his dedication and enthusiasm for our trucks and this community. He always has positive/insightful input.

Photo
    [​IMG]

#7 Clokwrk, Jun 7, 2009
  8. RedXRunner

RedXRunner "Splash Baby Douchecanoe"

I second this nomination

#8 RedXRunner, Jun 7, 2009
  9. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

Since this is our first time using this format of nomination, we're gonna be VERY lenient on the formalities. I've fixed the ones above just to show everyone how to do it. I got this format from another forum and it works very well once everyone figures out how it works. Hopefully after a time or two everyone will get it straight. In the future, not properly following the format will nullify a nomination or second.

The reason for the semi-strict guidelines is just to make MY job easier when I have to go back and count the nominations and such. :top:

10. My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Active Member

I can be the fourth on X-travegant.

Reason - Even with his truck down, he comes to every meet and lends a hand to get everyone's mods done :top: . Plus he is going to have the sickest interior on XRU ( well second sickest when mine is done:wink:)

Justin

#10 My68ur8trd, Jun 7, 2009
  11. DERRIXRYD

DERRIXRYD Active Member

XRU=Vince77 (Kevin)
    Reason= For being the first recessed grill mod I saw and just had to have myself not to mention the great write up he did for the rest of us to see, helping all the nor-cal guys with their mods...he has his handy work on most of them and being an avid XRU thread starter and input on just about everything (post whore...jk :laugh:) from birthdays to constant questions on the RGM.

Example:
    [​IMG]

#11 DERRIXRYD, Jun 7, 2009
  12. MORT-RUNNER

MORT-RUNNER Active Member

I'm sorry, but I don't want to burst your bubble, but he was not the innovator of the recessed grill.

#12 MORT-RUNNER, Jun 7, 2009
  13. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm going to leave this for a bit but it will be deleted. Please read the first post --- no comments.. only nominations and seconds. Having to weed through a bunch of crap to figure out who the nominees are and who had however many votes will be less difficult without a bunch of chatter.

Thanks guys!

14. MORT-RUNNER

MORT-RUNNER Active Member

my bad. just wanted to make sure it was know.

15. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

No worries. I'll leave this up until tomorrow just so people know to please keep the comments out of this nomination thread, then I'll remove the above comments. It's all good homie.

16. CaliKnightRider

CaliKnightRider New Member

I third this nomination

#16 CaliKnightRider, Jun 7, 2009
  17. Yardie

Yardie "The Jamaican"

I sixth for Jason/X-Travagant

18. dmbfan73

dmbfan73 Active Member

second for vince77

19. RJDoute

RJDoute "My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"

I nominate BlackCat for TROTM.

Reason: He hosts events at his house consistently, always posts HELPFUL information and never derogatory comments, and is incredibly fast to lend a hand to anyone. Example: He drove over an hour to check on someone he never met (a dangerous thing to do) who scammed myself and another XRU member in a fairly bad neighborhood. THREE TIMES. He deserves this.

Pictures: http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1563

[​IMG]

#19 RJDoute, Jun 7, 2009
  20. alexxwing

alexxwing Active Member

i second this kevin is a great guy alway down to help others on there trucks or a place to stay when hanging out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.