Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Auto Dimming Mirror Installed

HiTek21

Reaction score
I purchased a Magna Donnelly Auto Dimming mirror with compass and temperature gauge. I chose the Magna Donnelly because it has the display on the outside of the mirror rather than in the field of view. Installation was a easy but not without flaws.

I purchased the OEM temperature probe from toyota but for some reason it displayed 140 degrees all the time. So I had to use the probe provided with the kit. Since I hate cutting/modifying wires I ran the probe harness provided through the firewall and into the engine bay area. Power was tapped using the light green & white/black striped wire in the overhead console. I still need to figure out how to secure the MGT Blendmount bracket, the goose neck is smaller than the OEM one so it's loose. I'll probably jam some weather stripping or something inside.

All in all I'm very pleased with the results.

Before
DSCN0249.jpg

After

DSCN0259.jpg

46&2_X

Reaction score
Looks good :top:.

How does the dimming work? Pretty good?

What made you go this route instead of the Yota unit?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that looks BA bro...:top:

i believe the dimming is automatic...so it takes the light from the headlights and gives it a green tint that way the light doesn't glare in your eyes...

lenie03

Reaction score
rock on I love my auto dim mirror. it came on my truck when i got it and it's that best thing since potatoes and gravy. I never have to be bothered by a$$ hats that don't turn off their high beams, it's great.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I love mine as well! its a good option for a truck!

HiTek21

Reaction score
I can't wait to take her out, tired of all the Lifted trucks whose headlights are positioned right at the same level as your rear window. I was playing around with it shining a flashlight into it, i'm impressed how gradually it dims to where you barely notice it.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Nice work, i want mine cuz i had blinded lights. But whenm i pull up on their backside they better watch out with my HID's :laugh:

XrunDan

Reaction score
very nice my friend...what was the cost on that (if you dont mind my asking of course)?

HiTek21

Reaction score
I spent around $190 + shipping for it but I think it was worth it, especially for the compass. I get lost easily.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Verry nice, how much did it run you bro?.....

joman

Reaction score
i like that VERY NICE! the only grip i have is that its not concave....only if they made a rear view mirror like that i would be on it...with your scan gauage at the position does it distract you while your driving?....

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
mine came with the auto dim but wish had the temp on it that would have been nice! i have a decal on my back window so sometimes the lights behind me cover the sensor so it kinda sucks, and even when it darkens still have bright light in the dam side mirrors

Coupe

Reaction score
I like it. I have a Gentex and have been happy with it.

metalheadx

Reaction score
im glad mine came with a factory one already but that one looks great nice job bro :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
MANCHEX has the dim mirror. I wish mine had one. Were did u buy it.

Top Bottom