Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beer smell

GrundleBear

Reaction score
this weekend a buddy of mine broguht a beer bottle into the truck (unbeknownst to me) and I found it a day later on the passenger side floor. Some of ther beer spilt out and now I cant gety rid of the disgusting beer smell in my car. Anything i do doesnt work. cleaned the mats / carpeting, cleaned all inside the truck, yet i cant get rid of it. please tell me it will eventually go away

Yallrun

Reaction score
It will go away but there is one thing you can do. It's a little time consuming, but pull the seats and other crap hold the carpet down. Take the carpet out and clean both side of the carpet in that area. The beer is not just in the carpet it's also underneath.

eXecutioner

Reaction score
I'm sorry but did you just use the words 'disgusting' and 'beer' in the same sentence?

Shanes56

Reaction score
gag stale beer :puke:the taste of beer is nasty enough let alone stale and warm.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Stale beer really does smell like old animal piss... Best of luck to ya with that.

Alcoholic beverage inside vehicle = bad :thumpdown:

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
drinking beer = good, smelling stale beer in your x = bad :eviltongue:

I would whipped his a$$ for bringing a bottle of beer in my truck, then leaving it around on my floor. :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:

lucke

Reaction score
fabreeze FTW... it seriously works wonders

carolinyens

Reaction score
That sucks man I always make sure to let everyone know that no food or drinks can be in the truck. My friends do the same stupid stuff. Thats why they arent allowed to do it in my X. Hope you get the smell out. Let us know how it works out.

troberts6

Reaction score

:top: also let the truck air out as much as you can. the smell might last a while but leaving a window cracked and driving with them down helps out a lot along with the febreze. I had this same bad smell problem but it was the result of a friends drinking not the actual drink.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Grab your wife or gf's perfume put a dab on it where the beer spill was that will fix the beer smelling issues..... :biggrin:

Coupe

Reaction score
Grab your wife or gf's perfume put a dab on it where the beer spill was that will fix the beer smelling issues..... :biggrin:

It will be better to use your wife's.

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score

X2

I like to keep all the beer in the back of my truck! LOL

This is the aftermath of Drift Atlanta... which by the way was friggin bad ass!!

Attachments

• IMG00130.jpg
    IMG00130.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 82

rich017

Reaction score
Instead of using a carpet cleaner, try using a steam cleaner along with some baking soda.

Wet the spot, sprinkle baking soda on it and rub it in, then use the steam cleaner to lift it all out:top:

Kredence

Reaction score
Your lucky. I had a can of Diet Coke burst in my truck. That syrup is seriously sick sh*t when it dries. I can't describe the smell.

As mentioned, the odor is most likely coming from the underside of the carpet..pull it and clean it.

BoominTaco

Reaction score
at least thats not puke.... My boy did sum work on the outside of my passenger door and a little on my window seal... NUTTIN like sum 409 cleaner and a lot a frebreeze will fix....Next time I'm gonna throw his donkey a$$ in the bed if he's gonna pull sum thing like dat again....:top:

Top Bottom