Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFGs KWD2

aao

Reaction score
Are the bfgs kdw2 any good in the rain. They are good tires from what I read. What other tires would you guys recommend me?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I was looking at something like those too but want to have traction in rain as well.
Any other suggestions then for a decent price?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I was looking at something like those too but want to have traction in rain as well.
Any other suggestions then for a decent price?

look around on this site man. they did free shipping to BC for me. just had to pay the duty. ended up being $300 cheaper than getting them local

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

tire rack has similar prices on a lot of the same tires but you have to pay shipping. to BC thats an extra $200

Last edited:

aao

Reaction score
What about nitto nt555 are they any good?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Never had KDW2 or 555 on my truck, had Falken 452 as my last set and current ones are Hankook Ventus V12. Both have excellent wet traction. Falken got a slight edge in dry traction and got 30k miles of normal drivng. Hankook is showing a longer tread life but have slightly less traction. Hankook is slightly less expensive, about $10-15 cheaper per tires....even more so if you catch their mail-in rebate.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Never had KDW2 or 555 on my truck, had Falken 452 as my last set and current ones are Hankook Ventus V12. Both have excellent wet traction. Falken got a slight edge in dry traction and got 30k miles of normal drivng. Hankook is showing a longer tread life but have slightly less traction. Hankook is slightly less expensive, about $10-15 cheaper per tires....even more so if you catch their mail-in rebate.

i've got the falken 452's as well and they have great wet and dry traction. also very quiet!

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I had KDW tires. Not sure about the 2. Didnt know there was a 2.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and we really know about wet weather. The KDW's i had were awesome. Great wet traction as well as dry. They didnt last as long as i would have liked. Maybe 32,000 miles? But the way they performed was awesome. Now i have Michelin Pilots and i think they are pretty good. Not as much traction as the BFG's in my opinion. At least it seems that way. Almost time for a new set and i am wanting to go back to the KDW.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running the 555's and am happy with them, little less dry traction than the invo's but better tire wear. Slywitty is on his second set of kdw's hopefully he can chime in too

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I had two sets on mine when I had my truck. I had a set of nexen 3000 I think it was a cheaper tire, decent traction all around. Lasted about 35,000 miles. Could have lasted longer but I only changed them for wearing on the outside after I dropped the truck and never alligned it. The next set I had on the truck was some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar I got whole through my dealer I work at. I got all 4 for $600. I know they sell for almost $300 each. Real good dry traction, not too bad wet traction. But never went ball wot in the rain either.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I have no issues with my kdws pretty good rain traction and they do great for autox and the drag strip. No complaints here and I would recommend them. They do wear fairly quickly but that goes for most tires in that class.

Redline

Reaction score
i have the kdw and man my truck would love to go slideways in the rain :ahhhhh:

Top Bottom