Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black and White X-Runner ... Thoughts ?

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
It looks amazing....... I am amazed how well our truck look........ your is super clean.....time to do the clear bra and save it from the chips

Oldschoolsmoka

Reaction score
Some more photos. This will be the last installment of shots until the truck gets its clearbra and some finishing touches in a few months. Stay tuned ! :top:

DSC_2684_M2.jpg

DSC_2680_M2.jpg

DSC_2675_M2.jpg

DSC_2669_M2.jpg

DSC_2666_M2.jpg

DSC_2663_M2.jpg

DSC_2660_M2.jpg

DSC_2658_M2.jpg

DSC_2648_M2.jpg

DSC_2645_M2-1.jpg

Very nice color combo. That is the same combo I would do when I get an X. The only thing that was is putting me off about the X is the lack of color choices. This looks great though, nice work!

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Wow dude...looks really awesome. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the billet grille and chrome rims these days but for some reason it ties in greatly with the paint job. Even the valance and rotors fit well now too. Excellent job my friend.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Wow ..... 4000 views ? Never would have guessed this would have been such a popular topic :top: Thanks all for the kind words !

Murderface

Reaction score
Looks dam good! Showing Russell up next texfest!! Haha

I doubt anyone will see Russ at the next Texfest meet considering what happened at the last one and the fact he hasn't been logged on since October 31st 2010.

Kevin let me just say u made the perfect decision with those 2 colors:top: Now if u could just drop that thang it would take it to the next level.

I hate chrome rims but those wheels do look good, I wouldn't put them on my truck however

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously turned out beautifully man. Makes me want a new paint job now. Geez...

BlackCat

Reaction score
Wow ! 4470 views ???

Well, latest update. I am ready to get ClearBra installed. However, the ClearBra installer (contracted by the body shop) who was supposed to put on the ClearBra decided they didn't want the work, they canceled out on me. So I will be spending the weekend looking for me own ClearBra installer. I've decided not to install it myself, but rather have a professional do it. Should be road ready in a couple of weeks !

UPDATE : I found another installer, a very reputable one (in Tucson, at least). They gave me a price quote which almost exactly matches the quote from the body shop's installer, and they use better quality films to boot ! The truck goes in on Wednesday and should be done by Friday.

Last edited:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
they all look pretty cool...the white pearl and black is pretty slick.

the police truck is awesome, id at least get a laugh out of getting pulled over by that

BlackCat

Reaction score
UPDATE : Good news, The clearbra has been installed. :top: Bad news, a paint defect was found in the front bumper, it has to be repainted. :thumbdown:

After six weeks of waiting for full paint cure, I finally dropped the truck off at the clearbra place this last Wed and picked it up Friday. When I first got to the shop to pick it up, my first impression was "where is the clearbra" ? I didn't see when walking up to the truck, But once I got to it, then I saw the fi;m The installation was amazing !

The shop that I went to doesn't use 3M. There are actually about a half dozen to dozen different manufacturers of "Clearbra" out there, 3M is the best known (probably because they pioneered it) but not necessarily the best of them (kind of like minivans, Chrysler is the best known of minivan makers out there, but not necessarily the best one out there).

I went with the Avery Dennison NF film. It has better clarity and (claimed) better toughness than 3M. It's also a clearer film. I have 3M on my Crystal White MazdaSpeed3 and you can tell it's there from a distance because the film is slightly yellow. The Avery Dennison is about as clear as window glass !

The film that was applied to the pearl white sections of the truck is almost indistinguishable from the uncovered sections. I had told the installer where to put the film and gave him all my templates from my original installation. It wasn't until I got the truck home and looked it over some more that I realized he had gone the extra mile and covered up even more sections of the truck that I hadn't asked for (... for no extra charge !). He had covered up the rear flank of the bedsides (behind the rear wheels, above the body kit bits) as well as applied door edge guards and the hood scoop and even clearbra'd the headlight lenses ! ... WOW !

Needless to say, I am quite appreciative of his extra effort !!! :top:

DSC_2783.jpg

DSC_2787.jpg

DSC_2785.jpg

DSC_2786.jpg

Note, the scoop is missing the insert, I haven't put it back in yet.

On the bad news, last weekend while getting the truck ready to take to the clearbra place, I noticed that there was a paint defect in the front bumper. It looked like the basecoat had a chunk ripped out of it while the basecoat was still being applied. Then the clearcoat went over it. I tried taking a photo of it, but it won't turn out. The defect is one of those that is hard to notice, but once you notice it - it's stands out like a dead cow in a daisy field.

I took it to the bodyshop but they couldn't figure out where it came from. They tried to buff it, but it was pretty much a lost cause. So when I took it to the clearbra installer, I told him to do the entire truck - EXCEPT the front bumper. The bumper is going back to the body shop tommorrow (Mon).

That means that the clock is reset and I gotta WAIT ANOTHER FOUR-SIX WEEKS before I can get the front bumper clearbra'd and take the truck out on the open road again ... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Top Bottom