Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bleed your clutch!

Justin Kantor

Reaction score
I never though such a little thing would improve performance but bleeding the clutch helps the transmission engagement greatly. I had a little bit of grinding on 3rd and 5th and thought it was the synchros going on those. I swapped for a higher performing transmission oil which helped but did not get rid of it. I bled the clutch and a nasty, black, fluid came out and performance is better than I have ever had. I even put a Speed Bleeder on which made it a 1 person job. I am glad I don't need to investigate a synchro service as I have heard nightmares in success or failure.

spicciani2

Reaction score
What size does it require? nothing listed for 2005+

95-04 Tacoma (2WD Exc. PreRunner) 639570 - - -
98-04 Tacoma 2WD PreRunner 639560 - - -
95-04 Tacoma (4WD) 639560

Justin Kantor

Reaction score
I only used the bleed at the rear of the transmission as I believe it bleeds the whole system. The reservoir is quite small that is attached to the brake fluid reservoir so make sure it does not go empty. I only replaced the rear bleeder because it's easy to get to.

Justin Kantor

Reaction score
Did that as well on the fronts and rear. I do a lot of my own work as it is way cheaper.

Top Bottom