Bodykit Help

Discussion in 'Stock Exterior' started by BlackXrunner05, Feb 23, 2015.

1. BlackXrunner05

BlackXrunner05 Active Member

Okay I just spent a lot of money to have my whole bodykit, flares and bumpers repainted. Unfortunately, one of my front spoilers has a broken clip mount and is missing one all together.... Is there a way to repair the broken mount and perhaps make a new mount? Plus how would I attach them?

2. autobodyX

autobodyX Member

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Startech-HC102-Adhesive-Cable-Mounts/dp/B00008VFBE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424743742&sr=8-2&keywords=cable+tie+mounts"]These work good. I found them at Lowes HP [/ame]
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Startech-HC102-Adhesive-Cable-Mounts/dp/B00008VFBE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424743742&sr=8-2&keywords=cable+tie+mounts[/ame]

3. kwigs160966

kwigs160966 Member

Try an epoxy to glue the tab back on.

4. TRON

TRON Member

These body kits are a constant battle especially in the snowy months

5. BlackXrunner05

Those Lowes mounts won't work! They need to be flat and mount through a hole in the bumper cover

6. autobodyX

autobodyX Member

You just need to put something over the hole to cinch the tie to. A piece of hose or a paperclip or pen just something to span across the slot in the bumper.

7. BlackXrunner05

So I bought a plastic welder. My plan is to create plastic L brackets and weld them to the back of the front and rear spoiler. I'll then drill a hole through the tongue and use a zip tie to fasten it.... One question though? What kind of plastic are our bodykits made of? Polypropylene...ABS?

8. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

9. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

10. asianized

asianized Member

I've been using those clips from lowes for over 2 years now & there still holding on strong!! I epoxied them on and let it sit for a day & a half

11. BlackXrunner05

I made L brackets from my old side skirt and epoxied them to the back of my rear kit.. I used a torch once the bumper spoiler was in place and bent the bracket over again. It's not going anywhere now. I have to do my front bumper spoilers now.

12. BlackXrunner05

[​IMG]

This is the progress thus far! I still need to pull my front spoilers and epoxy my brackets to them tomorrow