Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boost gauge wiring

xrunish

Reaction score
does anyone have a write up of a boost gauge install? got the basics done but me and grumpy were having trouble locating a power source, we tried the same wires he was connected to but when we turned on the ignition it was a no go.. wondering if anyone can chime in on this thread and help me out.. thanks:adore:

triumphx

Reaction score
Any wire with 12 volt thats not constant power. You sure the gauge isnt messed up

justin13703

Reaction score
I forget which wire I have mine connected to but pull the lower dash off and find a wire going to the fuse box that is Ignition powered. I had mine connected to the radio for a while but changed it, this makes the gauges come on any time the key is on accessory, I found it to be annoying, and is more of a drain on the battery. Also if you piggyback more than one gauge off the radio I started to notice electrical noise in the system. Plus its easier to get to the fuse box under the dash.

If you absolutely cant find anything at the fuse box, just get it at the ignition wire coming from the key cylinder. It is a heavy gauge black/red stripe wire coming from the steering column.

xrunish

Reaction score
k, i will try this tomorrow morning, thanks guys :top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
The power outlet fuse is constant and the washer fuse is an accessory

DSC01165.jpg

Top Bottom