Boost referencing video

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by wolfpack_5150, Nov 27, 2017.

1. wolfpack_5150

wolfpack_5150 Jangley

Now, its been awhile since I looked for info about HOW to boost reference (fpr mod, or fuel pressure regulator mod). I do not remember anything but a photo which helped, but I also remember some confusion.
    After seeing this come up on the other site I wont speak of, I figured Id make a quick, simple potato cam video.

Please step forward if you see anything I missed, I dont normally do this stuff.

Crayon marking on the cover and the coil packs is simply a quick reference for me and in no way has anything to do with the fpr mod nor do I even think its a firing order, so plz disregard that.

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting....for those who are unfamiliar it will make it very simple.

wolfpack_5150 likes this.
  3. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Yea, that is the Free FMU idea from the www.GadgetOnline.com site from over a decade ago.

Anyway, do not do this with the UCON if you have one. The UCON uses a manifold filling model that takes into account the manifold pressure from a calculation based on RPM, TPS and Mass Flow.

4. GT7

GT7 New Member

Why is in not to be used with the ucon? I see you just explained why, but isn’t added fuel pressure a good thing?

5. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Not when the fuel pressure is expected to be a certain pressure. When it is not or changes then the computer has to fix that new anomaly. Remember the UCON is 100% closed loop operation with feed back mixture control. Not a feed forward only like the stock ECU and hope it is right....