Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Borla cat-back review.

Kendall124

Reaction score
Howdy gang,
so I thought I'd post a little bit of my current experience with my latest mod.... the Borla cat-back exhaust kit! Before I begin, let me say that I was NOT going to modify this truck. I've modded my daily's before and just ended up hating my commute. I have a JDM car in the garage that gets most of the money. Anyway, I now have the Xii lowering kit on the way. So much for not modding the truck.
OK, purchased the kit off of eBay. Pretty good price. Shipping was quick. I was going to install it myself, I mean how hard can a cat-back be? But once I started looking at it I could see something wasn't quite right. The final bend before the exhaust tip was at a 45 degree bend. Stock is more of a 90. Well f**k. It would have kinda worked but the tip would have looked wanky. So, cut it myself? Send it back? Take it to my local muffler guy? (Real exhaust shop, not Mineke or Midas or crap like that). And why wasn't it right? My search for a Borla kit for an XR gave me a kit number. Wait a sec... eBay! Crap! Wrong number!! Hopefully others will find this thread in the future. Our X's take kit #140269, not #140160. After googling this and checking out Borlas site, I found that kit 140269 is getting hard to find. Borla isnt producing them anymore. The ones that you can find are $750+.
So I ended up having my muffler guy fix it. I've run her for a day and it sounds great. I'm not supercharged (yet) so I actually rolled the passenger window down so I can hear it. Nice and throaty.
All in all a nice set up. Maybe a little pricey but what the hell, you only live once. I'll get up a better underside pic once it's daylight.
Kendall

Attachments

• DSCN1210[1].JPG
    DSCN1210[1].JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN1216[1].JPG
    DSCN1216[1].JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 214

Kendall124

Reaction score
I'll give it a try, iphone doesn't do it justice. I have great recording setup on my Mac, just need a really long mic cable.

Kendall124

Reaction score
Still no sound clip yet
DSCN1220.JPG
DSCN1219.JPG
DSCN1221.JPG
but here's a couple of pics of belly.

Top Bottom