Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Braille vs. Optima?

Workman3886

Reaction score
My 2007 has the original battery still, and I know the day is coming a replacement will be needed, and I'm one to upgrade when I replace...

That being said, which battery do you prefer, and why? Probably within the next few months I'll have to make a move.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Im an Optima person. I always like to leave my truck on the acc position n just chill out listening to music and hangin out with it on. When its all said and done i just get in turn the key and voila keep goin with whatever i was doin.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I see they have a red top and yellow top Optima battery for our trucks, while the red top is slightly cheaper it has more cranking amps then the yellow top...

Why is that? My mind is blown right now

justin13703

Reaction score
I actually have an optima blue top and I love it. It's the marine grade, the reason I got it is because if you have amps, the marine grade batteries have the normal + and - battery terminals, but they also have an additional stud on both positive and negative sides, so any accessories like amps, winches, compressors etc. can be bolted right to that stud, not attached to the battery terminal itself. It's more solid of a connection for that stuff and you can add and remove stuff from those studs without worrying about losing power to the truck.

I let my truck sit with the ignition on and the radio playing for a full 8 hrs once, it fired right up like nothing happened.

roy365

Reaction score
Ive owned both, but not on the same vehicle. Different batteries.....different vehicles. I can say that I never had any issues out of my Optima I owned. The braille I had in my S2K went down, and out for the count. I didn't start the vehicle for a few weeks and had an AEM management unit in it. Drained it to nothing. They aren't cheap, and you can't go just pick one up where I live that I know of.

Top Bottom