Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brand New 1997 Mazda Miata lol

azburnin

Reaction score
So I went through a whirlwind of emotions buying a new used/car since I sold the Tundra off. Originally I tried finding a little tacoma, but they all seemed to be duds. So I went a different route, trying out Camry's, anything with a deal and a good price tag.

Then I happened to come across this Miata on a dealer website, at first I didn't really consider it. I looked at the mileage, and year, this little gem is a 1997 with 23,660 miles! The owners before traded it in for a newer Miata, apparently. After being around these cars at the track, I'm totally stoked on the possibilities. :big grin:

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3571.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3575.jpg
    IMG_3575.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3572.jpg
    IMG_3572.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3573.jpg
    IMG_3573.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 99

azburnin

Reaction score
More Pictures as well

Attachments

• IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3563.jpg
    IMG_3563.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 76

Tunedx

Reaction score
Drop a stang motor in there and call it a day.. tight but it just fits

macg33k

Reaction score
Wait, you go from an X :rockon: to a FR-S :rockon: to a Tundra :rockon: to a Miata :dontknow:?

:hmmmm2:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Slam it, turbo it and call it a day, nice little car but there is no way I would ever get in one, literally I am too damn tall.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I used to have one...You will enjoy that go kart, suspension, bbk, and flying miata turbo kit and you will be damn! I regret selling mine now!

Can XR

Reaction score
Slam it, turbo it and call it a day, nice little car but there is no way I would ever get in one, literally I am too damn tall.

I hear you ! Sat in one at a car show and my head was poking through the convertible top.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I hear you ! Sat in one at a car show and my head was poking through the convertible top.

Yup, would need to wear a helmet while driving to catch the bugs and learn how to drive with my knees:rolleyez:

azburnin

Reaction score
Wait, you go from an X :rockon: to a FR-S :rockon: to a Tundra :rockon: to a Miata :dontknow:?
:hmmmm2:
Lol lets just say i'm equal opportunity enthusiast.

I will prob lower it an inch, looking at some rims. I'll begin my research soon enough. I know there will be some structural improvements coming.

I used to have one...You will enjoy that go kart, suspension, bbk, and flying miata turbo kit and you will be damn! I regret selling mine now!
Haha I know, I think the potential here is great. I'd love to drop a V8 in it... gotta save up lol.

luckily I'm only 6' my thighs are squeezed in there pretty good, too many damn squats lol.

azburnin

Reaction score
Lol I'm on a student income right now, but once I get some money flow coming in. I know ill at least attempt to do some track days.

Plus lol it's like 113 here right now, I don't feel like wearing a fire suit right now hahaha

Last edited:

azburnin

Reaction score
So the joys of having a 17 year old car lol.

At first I wasn't sure what the yellow wire was in the wheel well. Also all the extra wires that ran along the side of the car then zip tied to the clutch line on the firewall, that went into the car.

My buddy helped me trace the lines, we concluded that the previous owner Jerry Rigged up fog lights.... But there wasn't a switch on the inside or fog lights to show for all this shady work.

I ended up having to replace the Main Fuse for the car SMH, It was all sorts of F'd Up.

Enjoy the Pictures lol

Attachments

• IMG_3582.jpg
    IMG_3582.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3585.jpg
    IMG_3585.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3586.jpg
    IMG_3586.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 80

azburnin

Reaction score
Some More Photos

Attachments

• IMG_3588.jpg
    IMG_3588.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3589.jpg
    IMG_3589.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3590.jpg
    IMG_3590.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73

Edgeman

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like an excellent acquisition!

Hopefully you found the total extent of the "shade-tree mechanic's electrical work." Since I like old cars, that's one area I don't screw around with...I try to never splice into any factory wiring to avoid crap like this down the road. (Frankly speaking, if I did do any wiring, I would do absolutely everything in my power to make it look OEM. Heck, I would also draw up a quick amendment to the electrical schematics showing specifically what I did, so the next guy wouldn't be stuck with my work.)

Drive free!

azburnin

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like an excellent acquisition!

Hopefully you found the total extent of the "shade-tree mechanic's electrical work." Since I like old cars, that's one area I don't screw around with...I try to never splice into any factory wiring to avoid crap like this down the road. (Frankly speaking, if I did do any wiring, I would do absolutely everything in my power to make it look OEM. Heck, I would also draw up a quick amendment to the electrical schematics showing specifically what I did, so the next guy wouldn't be stuck with my work.)

Drive free!

I know what you mean. The shade-tree work has probably much more in store for me. Over all though, the car is driving well.

I just fixed my cigarette lighter, it wasn't working due to the a little wire degrading over 17 years of vibration.

Truth is I love older vehicles, this miata is fun and full of character :burnout2:

Too much room under the hood...this should fix that. :blurock:

http://monstermiata.webs.com/v8monsterkit.htm

Lol, I'm down. Maybe we can start a fund drive and get that going :blurock:

Braking Bad

Reaction score
My dad bough a miata last summer, they're fun to drive. Check out flyinmiata.com for go fast parts if you haven't already.

azburnin

Reaction score
Oh I've been going all over that website lol that and gomiata.com. My first mod will be structural support. A chassis support brace from Boss Frog. This will help out the rattles at higher speeds.

azburnin

Reaction score
Monster miata...done!

hahaha if only I had money to do so lol. After driving this car around for a little while I can totally see this car going sideways with all that power:rockon:

Top Bottom