Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brightest bulb

thechief21040

Reaction score
So I need to get new bulbs for my headlights and don't wanna switch to HIDs yet just cause the price.
I was trying to figure out whats the brightest bulb I can get my shit is really dim I feel like.

Also what's a good LED bulb for the dome lights?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Lightsource is a great vendor on here than can definitely hook you up with both LEDs and HIDs. Honestly the best halogen bulbs that I have seen are from PIAA but are 80 dollars or more for the pair and that is pretty much what you are going to pay for HIDS don't skimp just to say a couple bucks, you will thank me later. Other wise go down to auto zone and go pick up up a set of silver stars for 40-60 a pair.

thechief21040

Reaction score
Hey thanks man your right I think I'll try and just get in touch with babiboi on here and get one of his retrofit kits I didn't know that HIDS weren't that expensive I appreciate the help do you have either? Curious to see what they look like

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah hid's really aren't expensive anymore at all. I think whitebeauty still sells them or you can get them from ddm tuning for like 50 bucks with a lifetime warranty on the ballasts and bulbs.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
The light man still lives...hahahahaah.... Or you could also try some LED headlights... That will mind boggle u...

thechief21040

Reaction score
What do the LEDs look? And this is probably a subjective question but which are better? I'm just trying to make the best choice possible I guess

thechief21040

Reaction score
What's up with these projector lights btw? Kind of a newb when it comes to lighting and such mechanically inclined and all but a little fuzzy on the differences

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
well I dont know personally about LED head lights besides some new cars come standard with them. You would want to run a projector cause it has a cut off line, that limits the light from going All-over the place and blinding other drivers! There are many types of projectors and NOT all the same quality! ALL depends on what you want, Low beam only, Bi-xenon(HI & low beam), and then how good do you want your headlights to be and how much are you willing to spend and do.

Id just browse and look at what you ARE willing to spend, and when you say you want it Brighter, what you mean by that and what will you be happy with. To maybe give you an idea, (depends on if you do the install and labor yourself) but basically MY take and opinions to how headlight lighting is in a nutshell: (sorry i dont know WB pricing or products) NOTE: THIS is MY opinion and basic idea of the HID market, some will beg to disagree (not saying im right) so always do your own Research!

$0-$100 (replacement Halogen bulbs, like silverstar bulbs)
$100-300 (cheap projectors and ebay headlights)
$300-$450 (good set of projectors)
$450+ (best, OEM projectors and luxury projectors)

Last edited:

rps13jp

Reaction score
i put silver stars in my car and didnt even last a year. i went one step down from them (same brand ) and they work pretty good. I've had them for about 2 years no issues and them are plenty bright.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Haha u say that now till u get HID or LED... Halogen is history...

thechief21040

Reaction score
White beauty you sell HIDS correct? If been interested in buying either HIDs or projectors I haven't really found much on them for the x figured you might have some info?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
White beauty you sell HIDS correct? If been interested in buying either HIDs or projectors I haven't really found much on them for the x figured you might have some info?

Yes, if u have the money and want a quality done setup I would get ahold of babyboi his retrofit sets are amazing .. made to order.

Top Bottom