Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bringing life back into the trim!

Tanaka

Reaction score
I like it! I might have to black my truck out more :3

black_120

Reaction score
I did use Trim Paint, it Dupli-Color brand, which is a flat black, suppose to bond to the rubber/plastic trim better then just paint alone.

Thanks guys, painting anything on the truck always makes ma nervous, but I seemed to pull this off without a hitch, it took 4 light coats, and prep was about 15 mins a side... so with dry time and all this only took about an hour total... so worth it for 6 bucks!

Especially painting that back window would make me nervous... But you can always get the overspray with a clay bar.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
i used the trim paint on my Eclipse ( the trim in front of the windshield is HUGE,and all black plastic. I did the windshield wipers as well ). It turned out really well,and held up well over time. I'd recommend it as well !

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread... but any updates on how this is holding up?

Tunedx

Reaction score
This is something alot of people overlook when they get their car painted. Nothing worse then new paint job and faded trim.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread... but any updates on how this is holding up?

i used the trim paint on my Eclipse ( the trim in front of the windshield is HUGE,and all black plastic. I did the windshield wipers as well ). It turned out really well,and held up well over time. I'd recommend it as well !

Hopefully we'll get an answer from the OP soon and find out!

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
I used this trim paint about a month ago. So far it's holding up well. We've been under a heat wave so it's been as hot as 104° and I've only noticed one spot cracking on my wiper cowl! Other than that it has held up nicely :top:

Workman3886

Reaction score
I'm sorry I just seen this was replied too, the trim is holding up fantastic!! I actually don't have any chips or peeling. Keep in mind this also isn't my daily driver and it is garage kept, so for the trucks that stay outside or are driven often they'll probably show a little more wear then mine. I couldn't be any happier with the results as of right now!

Top Bottom