Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Burning Electrical Smell

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So I’ve got a burning electrical smell on the exterior near the windshield wiper cowl. I’ve been having and intermittent blower motor issue. Investigated tonight to find this....
75585F4A-6BBF-4437-AA0A-DBEF6F8EC928.jpeg
Wire exposed and a burnt up plug. Question is does anyone know where the wires from the blower terminate? Do they run through that wiper cowl? How far do I need to chase this? How do I know I have chased it far enough?

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
smell probbaly coming through the blower up into the cowl where it gets fresh air

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that's it....I "fixed" the fan temporarily (repinned the connector and spliced in new wire to repair the damage) and i'm still getting the smell at the DS cowl/firewall.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled the wiper cowl.....not much in there. Only wiring is related to the wipers themselves. So if it is the blower connector I should smell it more pronounced on the passenger side. Pulled the 4 awg power wire for my audio system, no change.....I don't want to take this crap to the dealer...they'll rake me over the coals for diag.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the wires get hot when the blower is on? or just the connector? Do you get the smell if the blower is off?
Maybe leave it disconnected and drive a bit
They could also be unrelated
Is there anything you have touched electrical recently? Make sure a wire didn't get pinched while doing some maintenance or work under the hood.
can you smell it under the hood, or just through the cowl?

Top Bottom