Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

C-notch, accident and insurance

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on notching my frame, I still have some grey areas I want to cover. Mostly concerning the issues of getting rear ended with the notches in. Does anyone have any input on what the insurance companies do regarding the notch?

Ive read that they can deem the truck salvaged, But will they pay the worth of the truck value if they do? or will they give you little to notching?

Im hoping you folks have seen or heard of these situations and may have some input.

Thanks in advance.

kayo808

Reaction score
They wont pay the full amount not even half since you "altered" the frame. Its up to you though if you want to take that risk or not. Plus you wont be able to pass recon or safety i believe

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
well, I have recon, and my dad said he doesnt check frames when he does his inspections. Ive been doing my research, and saw that some trucks got into rear ended and no damage was done to the frame with the notch.

Idk, Just getting tired of bouncy around everywhere. haha

kayo808

Reaction score
Lol i guess it depends on how hard they hit you? But up to you man i might not my truck later when its paid off

III

Reaction score
i don't say this much kinda based off of what i would do myself, but in your case ry id say notch it. i mean like u said, its a 05, u been contemplating ride quality v. looks for a long time, etc.... if u got a way to get thru da safety check bs, u should do it. and jus drive a little extra wary of da cars behind u lol.

and if shit totally hits da fan, buy a 14 xr and start all over again :-D

kayo808

Reaction score
i don't say this much kinda based off of what i would do myself, but in your case ry id say notch it. i mean like u said, its a 05, u been contemplating ride quality v. looks for a long time, etc.... if u got a way to get thru da safety check bs, u should do it. and jus drive a little extra wary of da cars behind u lol.

and if shit totally hits da fan, buy a 14 xr and start all over again :-D

You didnt add the why not lol

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
Haha, Im leaning more towards it because my truck is older, and I paid less than half of what you guys paid for yours brand new!

I should notch it and buy a another DD. haha

asianized

Reaction score
Haha, Im leaning more towards it because my truck is older, and I paid less than half of what you guys paid for yours brand new!

I should notch it and buy a another DD. haha

If ur gonna notch, do it right the first time bro! Ive seen a few tacos with cracked frames afterawhile. Hit up nrs fab, he did kaipos & brendos trucks

III

Reaction score
^brendo had a crack tho ah??

i was behind a civic yesterday with a sticker on da trunk dat said: already injured!! please drive safely!!!

lol u could get one of those for da tailgate :hmmmm2:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
A local member to me was just in a fender bender and denied insurance because of his drop and SC..... Damn bs right there! I am now calling my insurance to find out if I am covered as apparently suspension mods and and intake/exhaust constitute a "race vehicle"......

Judas

Reaction score
Im not so much concerned with insurance as I am with safety standards.
Anyone have any trouble getting a safety done with the notch?

justin13703

Reaction score
A local member to me was just in a fender bender and denied insurance because of his drop and SC..... Damn bs right there! I am now calling my insurance to find out if I am covered as apparently suspension mods and and intake/exhaust constitute a "race vehicle"......

That's the same thing Toyota told me when they wouldn't help with my transmission issue. Apart from the s/c, the fact that I was lowered and had gauges and an aftermarket radio meant beyond a doubt that I abuse my truck on a daily basis...:stupid:

All those kind of companies (insurance, dealerships, etc) know how to do is find any excuse to keep from spending any money. Even if their reason is a total joke

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Im not so much concerned with insurance as I am with safety standards.
Anyone have any trouble getting a safety done with the notch?

If be concerned with your insurance. I am that local member that had the accident. My insurance broker is dating my sister so he did everything he could to get me covered. Of all the insurance companies he deals with there is only one that will cover vehicles with modifications. They have to inspect and appraise the vehicle as well b4 they will cover. With all that my rates are going to triple. Shitty buzz but everything will be covered. Also by having the mods on and not telling them. If you get into an accident and they find out about your mods nothin is covered. You don't even have liability if anyone is injured. Your insurance is null and void and you will be blacklisted for misrepresentation. Good luck getting insurance after that. Luckily my broker called the companies about "a client" and never reported my accident. So I have to fix then change companies.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
So with all that said. Everyone should call to inquire. Do not tell them you have mods. Tell them your thinking about it. See what they say. I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I am. It sucks

0338A214-BE83-48F3-9C92-E5E39F479912.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The whole core support is trashed. My intercooler is all jacked up. Taking to get quotes this weekend or early next week to see what it's gonna cost me. My brother works at Toyota so I can get parts at dealer cost so that should help a bit.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
If be concerned with your insurance. I am that local member that had the accident. My insurance broker is dating my sister so he did everything he could to get me covered. Of all the insurance companies he deals with there is only one that will cover vehicles with modifications. They have to inspect and appraise the vehicle as well b4 they will cover. With all that my rates are going to triple. Shitty buzz but everything will be covered. Also by having the mods on and not telling them. If you get into an accident and they find out about your mods nothin is covered. You don't even have liability if anyone is injured. Your insurance is null and void and you will be blacklisted for misrepresentation. Good luck getting insurance after that. Luckily my broker called the companies about "a client" and never reported my accident. So I have to fix then change companies.

Are you serious? All that for a supercharger and drop kit??? That's a damn joke! I never had problems like that before so it might be a Canada thing lol. Either way that's rediculous. You can't even make your own vehicle the way you want it anymore

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Are you serious? All that for a supercharger and drop kit??? That's a damn joke! I never had problems like that before so it might be a Canada thing lol. Either way that's rediculous. You can't even make your own vehicle the way you want it anymore

I'm dead serious. It may be only Canada. Who knows but somethig everyone should look into. Hottacox called his company (belair direct) and inquired about lowering his truck. They wanted to cancel him on the spot. So be careful with what you say if you call

And it's not just the blower. It's ANY engine or suspension mod. Even a damn intake will do the same thing. It's a scary thought knowing how many people out there with lifted or lowered vehicles that have no clue and won't know until something happens. A coworker of my gf had a lifted truck and same thing happened to him as me.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Any reason for an insurance company to get out of doing their job I guess.

Top Bottom